Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From Minnesota

Hello all,

My name is Ryan, I grew up in Kansas, moved to Minnesota about 8 years ago. Lots of good fishing up here: Lake Sturgeon fishing on the Mississippi, St. Croix and Rainy Rivers. Walleye fishing is enjoyable especially on the larger lakes in the north like Mille Lacs and Lake of the Woods. Big channel cats in the Red River of the North. Have some family in Southeast Nebraska, get back to that area to fish a time or two each year and decide to join to get a better knowledge of the fishing opportunities that exist throughout the state. I'm headed back to Kansas in a month to fish Milford for some big blue cats.

Was lucky enough to take my 10 year old son to the Nebraska vs. Oregon game this past season, his first game in Lincoln and it left quite an impression.

Ryan

Welcome!

Sounds like you get all the walleye you need! What are you wanting to go after when you visit?

You might want to take a look through here: Fishing Forecast

Comment

Thanks for the link Jthod, I remember looking at the 2016 version. It's great that Nebraska does that for you, Kansas has a similar resource. In Minnesota we have loads of information available online via the DNR but it isn't consolidated like that, so it's a lot more work to compare lakes!

As far as species that I would likely target, I like to troll or power drift which setups up nicely channel catfish, wipers, white bass and crappie.

Comment

Glad you found the place! Good luck at Milford!
        Follow NEFGA on Facebook!! www.facebook.com/nefga.org

Comment

Working...
        X