Which paddle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which paddle?

Time for a new paddle, gathering opinions. What paddle do you use and why do you like it?

This definitely is NOT occurring due to someone falling and breaking their paddle today getting up on shore....
    I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. -Sam Redfern

I'm sure there's a lot of opinions on paddles, though I must say that the Aquabound Ray carbon makes paddling easy. Not heavy compared to alum shafted paddles.

Comment

The paddle I broke was a bending branches angler classic, definitely looking to upgrade a bit.

Comment

• rwar1423
        rwar1423 commented
        Editing a comment
        Deadhead Dave I have the Bending Branches Angler Ace Plus. I have the adjustable one, and have had no problems. It's nice and light, and no fatigue on long paddles. Where/how did your paddle break? Thanks in advance.

I have the aquabound manta ray carbon. It's an awesome paddle! Plus it's a little lighter and cheaper than a lot of the bending branches models.

Comment

Mirage Drive.

Comment

Ascend tournament paddle. I use 240cm because I have a wider hull. It has the measuring lines on the paddle, and it has the snag remover notches in the paddle.

Comment

Is there anywhere in Omaha that carries high end paddles that I could look at?

Comment

Shoot me a pm on what size paddle you are looking for and abouts how much you were wanting to spend. If it works I might have a good deal for you.
              *-Even a fish could stay out of trouble if it learned to shut its mouth-*

Comment

@rawr1423 the alleged paddle break may have been a result of a large, uncoordinated man, a boot sticking in the mud, and gravity. It broke just past the joint.

Comment

I did a lot of research before I ordered ours. I wanted something on the better end, but not top of the line. For the money, it sounded like you couldn't touch the manta ray hybrids. I think they're about what you had, but I figured I'd mention it. I will say, I have to keep the joints waxed on them. One fits super tight.

I did notice the fishing ones cost a lot more when I compared the models side to side. Personally, I didn't think I'd use the snag notch much.

Comment

Deadhead Dave Uh Oh. That sounds like something I would do. Good luck on the upgrade. Looking forward to your review of the paddle you choose.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadhead Dave View Post
                      Is there anywhere in Omaha that carries high end paddles that I could look at?
                      Canfields

Comment

Got a great deal on a Werner, can't wait to try it Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                        X