Boyer Chute Open?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boyer Chute Open?

Anyone know if I can get into Boyer Chute given the partial government shutdown?

Google led me to Boyer's website which stated...

"Due to the lapse in federal appropriations, this website will not be updated until further notice. Where public access to refuge lands does not require the presence of a federal employee or contractor, activities on refuge lands will be allowed to continue on the same terms as before the appropriations lapse. Any entry onto Refuge System property during this period of federal government shutdown is at the visitor's sole risk. Please read this important message about closure of National Wildlife Refuge System facilities during the shutdown.

For more information, please visit the Department of Interior webpage at https://www.doi.gov/shutdown "
    Iowa State!

@JimVanBruggen

Comment

Thanks. I read that. Maybe I could/should have mentioned seeking validation that if I want to drive out there with my fancy new camera lens, that I interpreted it correctly and will get in.

I log checklists to eBird, and I have seen recent submissions from others. So I am inclined to say my answer is yes. Or at least worth a shot. I live close enough that being turned away isn't that bad.

Comment

The answer was yes. Gate was open today.

Comment

Some pictures from my adventure.

Comment

Was there any, or much water in the chute?

Comment

Great Pictures Randy! Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by Flash04jv View Post
                Was there any, or much water in the chute?
                There was water, yes. But I have only been there a couple times before. It looked normal to me. But I don't know what qualifies as a lot.

Comment

Working...
                X