This Is A Sticky Thread
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott Eveland View Post
    www.geocaching.com is the way to go. My kids are older now, and we haven't cached for a few years, but that is the go-to site.
    Perfect, thanks! This site looks a little more current. I found one across the street from where I work, so I just logged my first official find.

Comment

Thanks for the bump! A few years back, my kids and I had a borrowed handheld GPS, and had a blast looking for caches along the bike trails here in Lincoln. We got into it that few weeks. I found out that here in town, you should register your cache with the Parks and Rec department, and as a general rule, no dangerous/pointy things allowed. Which means no fish hooks (lures, flies, etc) or firecrackers. I even went so far as making two magnetic cache boxes, but never did hide them. I'm thinking it's time for a trip down memory lane, and see which of the same group of four remembers the hiding spots we found back then...
      " A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack." - Wang Chi

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Eveland View Post
        www.geocaching.com is the way to go. My kids are older now, and we haven't cached for a few years, but that is the go-to site.
        nice site

Comment

I only have 50 or so finds myself but occasionally do this, and I teach a course on it at the Outdoor Discovery Program in Scottsbluff each year. Nice way to explore an area.

Comment

Working...
          X