NGPC Fishing Release: Super Smoked Trout Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NGPC Fishing Release: Super Smoked Trout Recipe

With it being Super Bowl weekend and a number of you Nebraska anglers with rainbow trout in your freezers, I thought no better time than now to pass along once again a super-tasty smoked trout recipe to make for your Super Bowl party! This is one of the easiest recipes to complete for smoked trout ...
    The post Super Smoked Trout Recipe appeared first on NEBRASKAland Magazine.

More...

I tried this recipe back in the fall and while it was good, it was a bit too salty. I'm thinking of swapping out the 1/2 cup of ice cream salt for a 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Do people think that might be good? Or would it make it too sweet?

Comment

I too tried this recipe. Yup, a bit on the salty side, but really good. The first batch I did, I misread the recipe and used 8 TABLE spoons of liquid smoke, instead of 8 TEA spoons. I like things with a heavy smoky flavor and thought the 8 TABLE spoons was good! With that much liquid smoke the trout meat was quite a bit darker than when I used the recommended 8 TEA spoons.

I don't know if the 1/2 cup of brown sugar would make it too sweet??? I'll be watching for more comments.

Comment

Working...
      X