Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions Needed Home Made Wine.

Anyone else on here make your own wine?

I got into it this summer and have had a hoot making different wines throughout the year.

So far I have made strawberry, peach, pear, apple and raspberry wine.

Next year I am hoping to find some wild plums and maybe try to make some choke cherry wine.

I've made a lot I used to make a lot of wild plum and choke cherry but I got tired of getting the stones out on the plums and choke cherrys try elderberry they are ripe the first to second week of August make great wine and are easy to find I try to make 10 to 15 gallons of elderberry wine every year in fact I have some cooking right now

Comment

Friend from David City moved to Montana several years ago and I lost my wild berry wine supplier!

My absolute favorite was cherry but there was NEVER a bad flavor!

Harold F.
      Report Fish/Game Violations:
      1-800-742-SNAP (7627)

Comment

Originally posted by parker20 View Post
        I've made a lot I used to make a lot of wild plum and choke cherry but I got tired of getting the stones out on the plums and choke cherrys try elderberry they are ripe the first to second week of August make great wine and are easy to find I try to make 10 to 15 gallons of elderberry wine every year in fact I have some cooking right now
        I had some homemade elderberry wine recently, Yummy! Our neighbor makes everything mentioned and man that is a cool hobby. He just made some wild plum but it isn't ready yet so I haven't tried that. He finds them along road sides he said.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by parker20 View Post
          Thanks for the input. I have had elderberry wine and you are right it is good. Where do they like to grow? Not looking for specifics jut a general idea of where to look.

Comment

Wine (and beer) makng is a fun and rewarding hobby as long as you use proper sanitation practices. Get lazy and you end up with vinegar or worse. Wash, rinse, sanitize EVERYTHING. It sucks dumping 15 gallons because you got a bit lazy
            " A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack." - Wang Chi

Comment

I am not a wine drinker by trade, but, my old snow goose hunting buddy in North Dakota makes elderberry wine that is awesome. Probably ran 20 some percent alcohol and tasted great. Created a slight buzz for sure. Look forward to seeing him every year.

Comment

Working...
              X