Sausage Seasoning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sausage Seasoning

So, I managed to arrow a decent hog this weekend in Oklahoma. Looking for your input on best Bratwurst and breakfast sausage packets to use to make up a batch of 25lbs or more of each.

I've used the Hobart brand for brats in the past because I can purchase it here locally, but just not overly impressed with the flavor. I'll be mixing it with some domestic pork butts for additional fat.

I like PS seasonings, used numerous brat and snack stick seasonings and all where pretty good. Only tried one of their breakfast sausage seasonings, and liked it.

Comment

I have tried several different brands of breakfast sausage seasoning with wild boar. I now get my seasoning online from Walton's and found their's to be the best. Found the Excalibur Holly Regular Pork and H-110C the best.
      Last edited by shootem'up; 01-24-2018, 12:41 PM.
      Vegetarian: old Indian word for bad hunter

Comment

• scotcl
        scotcl commented
        Editing a comment
        I work in West O. So, I'd take you up on either some spice or a lb to try. PM a # to call and we'll line something up. Thank you

• shootem'up
        shootem'up commented
        Editing a comment
        PM sent

• scotcl
        scotcl commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks again Nic for the generosity.

The Holly seems to be the winner among those of us that taste tested. I made a 1lb batch of that, the H-110C and Frisco's Old Style. My oldest son and I went for the Holly while the wife went for the Old Style. Since she rarely eats sausage unless it's for Biscuits n Gravy, I gave her vote a lower weighting. LOL

I took a trip to Shuster's meats in Lincoln and picked up some seasoning for brats and breakfast sausage. I bought enough to do 100 lbs. You can also get the same brand in smaller packages at SuperSavr. Sorry but I can't remember the name of the Co.................................http://www.shustersmeats.com/ BTW those feral/wild hogs make the best brats I have ever had.
      Last edited by mike fink; 01-25-2018, 11:48 PM.

Comment

We like the High Mountain. Mountain man and Sage are both very good.

Comment

Working...
        X