Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review Duck Stir Fry

Duck Stir Fry
    My goal this hunting season is to try a bunch of new recipes for waterfowl. I always eat what I kill but I seem to stick to a handful of good recipes, figured it was time to step out of my comfort zoneJ. You can mess around with the ingredients and add whatever you like but for my first time, I was impressed. I used a “wok” for cooking, picked one up at Walmart for $5 and it worked great!

Ingredients:
    Duck Breast (I used 3-4) sliced real thin.
    Teriyaki marinade (use whatever you like)
    Vegetables (I used sliced white onion, bell peppers, carrots, and asparagus)
    Vegetable Oil & Sesame Oil
    Finish Sauce (Sweet chili, teriyaki, or anything else you like)
    Rice
    Stir Fry Seasoning (like .75 a packet)

Instructions:
    Slice duck breast as thin as you like (the more thin, the less cook time) and place in a marinade for 6-48 hours. Take duck out, and pat dry.
    Pour a small amount of oil, just enough to cover the bottom of your wok and heat on High (my setting was on 8 of 10). Once it’s heated, add some sesame oil and then toss in your veggies. DO YOUR BEST TO ALWAYS BE STIRRING OR MOVING THE WOK, KEEP THE FOOD MOVING. I cooked these for about 2 min before I threw in the duck breast. After mixing in the breast, start to sprinkle some of the stir fry seasoning over everything, mix it in. Continue to add more seasoning until the packet is gone or you feel you have enough. Also, add a bit more sesame oil. When you start to feel like things are finishing up, pour your finishing sauce in, I used some sweet chili sauce. Continue to mix this in. When the vegetables are tender and the meat is cooked, take off the heat. Scoop it and place it over a bed of noodles or rice and enjoy!
    I let my vegetables cook just a tad longer then I should have before mixing in the duck, hence the darker colors when mixed with the rice. I’ll adjust my time next go around but everything was still delicious.

2014/15 Hunt Total: 141 Doves, 72 Ducks, 38 Canada Geese, 10 Snow Geese.

Looks and sounds tasty!

Comment

Working...
    X