Electric smoker advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric smoker advice

I know some of you guys are some great smokers of wild game, ribs, pork etc. Im looking for a new electric smoker and wonder if anyone has any preferences or reviews of what you've bought. Just kind of tired of doing the charcoal one and would like to just plug it in and let er go. thanks for any replies!

Find one that'll get down to 100 deg.

Don't get one where you are married to over-priced hard to find sawdust pucks.

A window is not worth an extra $100.

I have this one and have not had any issues. Got it at Cabela's on sale for under $150 a few years ago.
    http://www.brucefoods.com/cajun-inje...011-black.html
    It's not showing up on their website right now...

Comment

I have used a Brinkmann Kettle smoker for the last 10 years. The electric element has only one setting: on or off. I'd like to put a variable switch in it to help control the heat and keep it constant. Depending on the time of year/weather, the temperature can vary quite a bit. I have done pork butts, ribs, smokes sausage, smoked hams, jerky, slim jims, chicken, and turkey breast on it. All have been great. I have an old moving blanket which I used to insulate it when it is cooler out to help stabilize the temperature. Easy fix with that.

Comment

I'm having a great time with my Masterbuilt .
        Simple to use, adjustable heat and plenty of space, not to mention the price is easy on the wallet.
        (Got it full of Alaskan halibut today!):hungry:

http://www.amazon.com/Masterbuilt-20...lectric+smoker
        Those big females are fat for a reason.- Release them.
        " Bowfishing - Embrace The Slime "

Comment

I've recently bought Masterbuilt 20070512. I really like it!

Comment

thanks guys. I got the masterbuilt also. Love it. did a bunch of marinated duck breast, stuffed fatties, and brisket so far. works real good.

Comment

That's great! Glad you liked it!

Comment

check out green mountain smokers. i love mine

Comment

Glad you found one you like. I have used electric before, finally went with propane, much more control and wood chip options.
                  Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

I have one and its a hunk of garbage. I then got smart and got into real smoking. Those pucks make for a terrible white, poofy smoke flavor that does not compliment the meat at all. Id tell him to save his money, go for a real smoker. If he insists, id say a cajun injector. Ive had decent food off of a cajun injector, set it and forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by 10_point_buck View Post
                      I have used a Brinkmann Kettle smoker for the last 10 years. The electric element has only one setting: on or off. I'd like to put a variable switch in it to help control the heat and keep it constant. Depending on the time of year/weather, the temperature can vary quite a bit. I have done pork butts, ribs, smokes sausage, smoked hams, jerky, slim jims, chicken, and turkey breast on it. All have been great. I have an old moving blanket which I used to insulate it when it is cooler out to help stabilize the temperature. Easy fix with that.

I have the exact same smoker. $5 at an Auction.

Best $5 I ever spent.

Ii also help Control the temp with an old blanket

Peace and Love

Comment

Working...
                      X