Bag Limit of Yellow Perch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bag Limit of Yellow Perch

Not me (purposely misled you to get your attention). I saw a huge pile of Yellow Perch fillets in my local Hy-Vee this evening. Have seen lots of threads about them here, so was tempted to buy a few and try them out. Those who eat Yellow Perch -- simply flour/cornmeal and fry? Or how do you like them best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cook them the same way you like your walleye and you'll be happy, happy, happy!

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderod View Post
      And 'no' they don't taste like chicken.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderod View Post
        :aayeahthat: Walleye is a big Perch with teeth. With that said, I either fry them using a shake called Fryin' Magic and peanut oil (better than but Canola is okay too). Or I like to grill them - light coat of extra virgin olive oil and season with Misty's seasoning, or in a lemon butter with or w/o your favorite vegies or fruits (yes, I said fruits).
        Last edited by HuskerMagic; 06-15-2015, 10:09 AM.
        Cheers,
        ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
        |
        ¿ <°)))))><

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup. Here be dragons...
        Definition: veg·e·tar·i·an [ve-jə-ˈter-ē-ən] Origin: Native American.
        1. Old indian word meaning: 'bad hunter'
        2. See number 1, 'nuff said

Comment

Keep it simple, you do not need to get fancy with a lot of coatings, seasonings, etc. for yellow perch. Some bread crumbs, fry, eat, repeat.

Daryl B.
          Daryl Bauer
          Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
          Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
          [email protected]
          http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

Working...
          X