Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming to a West Omaha Backyard near you ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming to a West Omaha Backyard near you ...

From ginkandgasoline. com

When I was 10, my brother 8 and the rest of the neighborhood kids tried to make one of these one Summer day until our father came home from work. We were just a few years ahead of our time.

Last edited by Doug Steinke; 06-18-2014, 02:49 PM.

And Ringo narrating it too!
    Cheers,
    TC
    O ye fountains, bless ye the Lord: bless the Lord, ye seas and floods.
    O ye whales, and all that move in the waters, bless ye the Lord: bless the Lord, all ye fowls of the air
    O all ye beasts and cattle, bless ye the Lord: bless the Lord, ye sons of men.

Comment

And some thoughts on fish to put in it. . . Big Time .

Of course it is all good until the ducks and geese start filling it with droppings, or until someone gets "swimmers itch".

Daryl B.
      Daryl Bauer
      Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
      Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
      [email protected]
      http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

Daryl,

Get out of my head! I thought more about fish to put in it rather than swimming. Strangely enough I have that kind of space to work with. More for the fish than the people. And it would not get over harvested! LOL

Comment

The 900 block of Garfield St. was an interesting place back in the day...

Comment

This is awesome! And it gives me some ideas for solutions to things I've been thinking about for when my wife and I are (soon to be, hopefully) empty nesters. We're wanting to look for land that we could have room for a pool and I want a pond. It didn't occur to me that they could be combined. Very cool idea, and great thread!
            Cheers,
            ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
            |
            ¿ <°)))))><

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup. Here be dragons...
            Definition: veg·e·tar·i·an [ve-jə-ˈter-ē-ən] Origin: Native American.
            1. Old indian word meaning: 'bad hunter'
            2. See number 1, 'nuff said

Comment

Working...
            X