Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zshulk56
    replied
    Thanks, thats more or less what I figured just wanted to make sure there wasn't a more technical side to it than just digging a whole.

Leave a comment:

• whitetips
    replied
    Originally posted by zshulk56 View Post
    Does any one have any good links/articles on the construction and placement of a silt pond to help catch all the silt and sediment before it gets to the main pond.
    Thanks
    I do not know you will find a lot of specifics about "silt pond" construction. Basically, all a "silt pond" is is another small pond above your main pond; you want something to slow/stop the water flow and allow sediment to deposit before it reaches the main pond.

Make it shallow, you want it to be full of emergent and submergent aquatic vegetation; that will help "filter" the water.

Expect to excavate the sediment out of it every few years, so construct it in a way that you can control water levels and in a way that you can get equipment in there to haul the sediment out.

You can find some pond construction ideas HERE.

Daryl B.
    Last edited by whitetips; 02-27-2014, 12:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mako
    replied
    I know very little, but I do know of a good site. Looking on there, I found this.

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthread...t&Number=64907

There are a few more articles about a silt pond on there, and a couple of the contributors of the Pond Boss forum are also on here.

Leave a comment:

• zshulk56
    started a topic Silt Pond Construction

Silt Pond Construction

Does any one have any good links/articles on the construction and placement of a silt pond to help catch all the silt and sediment before it gets to the main pond.
    Thanks
Working...
X