new water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new water

MY buddy bought a forty acre lake today. What should I stock? This is gonna be awesome. I think yellow perch will be first on the list. Just to prove it can be done.
    "If your having fishing problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a fish ain't one." jay-z

Just to prove it can be done
    As long as the NGPC doesn't oversee it, it should do fine.
    They have cometh

Comment

Originally posted by Alex T. View Post
      As long as the NGPC doesn't oversee it, it should do fine.
      No way thats happening
      "If your having fishing problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a fish ain't one." jay-z

Comment

How deep is it

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

Hasn't been filled yet

Comment

Then he actually bought a hole in the ground, lol. How about red ears? Put a bunch of rock in there and get small mouths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" ~ Lee Wulff

Comment

Yeah those dunderheads at Game & Parks don't know nothing.:icon_rolleyes:

Nebraska Pond Management Guide Series

For the record, none of that material, nor I, have said that yellow perch are not possible, even in east and southern Nebraska, as long as you have the right habitat and understand the challenges and limitations.

But you all know that already.

Good luck,

Daryl B.
              Daryl Bauer
              Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
              Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
              [email protected]
              http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

Hi Bighurt12

Wow, exciting times! A 40 acre lake can host a variety of fisheries - you literally have a blank slate. I help a lot of guys in Eastern NE get started, so if you need any help or guidance feel free to ping me anytime. You need to think of your dream list of fish, and if the water is available and you're willing to manage the fishery, you can achieve your goals. Good luck and let me know if I can ever help you out.

Comment

My advice to him is keep the drawdown open until after you get the structure you want placed or at least mapped-out it will make that part a heckuvalot easier to accomplish now while it is still in construction phase...

Talk to the NRD or whoever built it though...likely they have an easement.

Comment

Originally posted by teehjaeh57 View Post
                    Hi Bighurt12

Wow, exciting times! A 40 acre lake can host a variety of fisheries - you literally have a blank slate. I help a lot of guys in Eastern NE get started, so if you need any help or guidance feel free to ping me anytime. You need to think of your dream list of fish, and if the water is available and you're willing to manage the fishery, you can achieve your goals. Good luck and let me know if I can ever help you out.

My advice would be to get in touch with Teehjaeh57 only because he's a freakin' mad fish scientist type.

And also:

Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Gone, but never forgotten!

Comment

Working...
                    X