No announcement yet.

Building a pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Lip Em - what did you end up doing? I have a 3 acre pond, and several micro ponds with both warm water and cool water species fisheries and manage several other private ponds around Lincoln - might be able to show you things we're working on. Pretty fun - posted Master Angler Wiper, Smallmouth, Yellow Perch, Redear and Bluegill sunfish from one 3 acre lake this year, plus a 4# Walleye. If you're willing to manage the fishery, and other parameters are in place, you can achieve some pretty cool outside the box goals. Feel free to ping me - I have also been working with a great excavation and engineering company building ponds around Lincoln and can put you in touch with them. Built a pond for me and Josh in the past six months - both drum tight and under budget.

Comment

We are thinking of building a pond on our 5 acre lot, can anyone tell me the steps of building one? Do we need a permit? We live in Lancaster county and just want a small pond for recreation and wildlife. Can anyone help us by giving us answers on where and how to start?

Comment

Originally posted by Lizcote View Post
        We are thinking of building a pond on our 5 acre lot, can anyone tell me the steps of building one? Do we need a permit? We live in Lancaster county and just want a small pond for recreation and wildlife. Can anyone help us by giving us answers on where and how to start?
        I would start by referring to our Pond Management Guide Series. You can find it HERE.

In particular, see the chapter on Pond Construction.

Daryl B.
        Daryl Bauer
        Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
        Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
        [email protected]
        http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

Working...
        X