Pond Renovation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-time SMB.

Sometimes it's fun to just sit back and watch the circus.....

Comment

• Purty

Comment

• My last open water fish of 2016? This smaller one put up a sluggish fight last night, this morning my pond was 99% skimmed over with ice.

Comment

• Sledgehammer it! haha.

Looks like a ton of fun.

Comment

• This entire thread is awesome! I am curious how this winter was on the stock?

Comment

• Originally posted by Knudson55 View Post
              This entire thread is awesome! I am curious how this winter was on the stock?
              Still waiting to see, that rain we had back in December had me a worried about the redears, there was six to seven inches of ice on the pond at the time and the water level came up 15-16", cold water temps are known to be very hard on redears. I have seen a small number of RES and golden shiners morts since ice out but nothing out of the ordinary. At this point I am waiting on the water to warm up a bit more to see if that December rain did any damage or not. The good news is that I have caught some large golden shiners and two yelllow perch in the last couple of days. I'm thinking things are OK but won't have a good idea until later this spring so stayed tuned.

Comment

• One more report, warmer temps are bringing frogs out of hibernation. Yesterday I saw a western chorus frog, a leopard frog, and several young bull frogs along the edge of the pond.

Comment

• A cold snap could be devastating at this point!

Comment

Working...
                  X