Pond Progress (pics added 6/4/13) NEW question post #78

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pond Progress (pics added 6/4/13) NEW question post #78

2018 update in post #82, unable to edit subject line. Pictures coming.
    Last edited by Fishingnerd33; 06-04-2013, 09:03 AM.
    Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

I'm going to enjoy this thread! :ayes:
    Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Gone, but never forgotten!

Comment

Lemme know if anyone ever drops a wallet or fishing rod or whatever in there. I'll be happy to bring my scuba gear and retrieve it for you! :wproud: :eusa_angel:
      "Survival depends on being able to suppress anxiety and replace it with calm, clear, quick and correct reasoning..."
      -Sheck Exley

Comment

Hmmmm. A pond with a Par 3 golf course built around it. Sounds like an NEFGA contest to me! :vWicked:

Man, I can't wait to see everything finished! That is some beautiful country! (the first pic anyway :wRazzing

Slim

Comment

Interesting. I used to live in that area. What is the water source going to be?

The only 2 things keeping me from going pro are skill and luck.

Comment

Ground water. It's 9 feet to water, they'll slope the land down to the water line and then shape the lake down from there. :vThumbsUp:
            Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

Thats cool Ryan! I thought your in-laws were further out of town, but from the pics it doesn't look that way. I can't wait to see the progress on this project.
              "...it's amazing how grown men can turn into squealing, giggling school girls at the mention of a fish or game animal." ~Fishingnerd33~

(This quote was too good not to use.)

Comment

How did I miss this? Awesome start man! Keep us updated as much as possible. :zclapping:
                NEFGA is endorsed by Pond Boss

Get all your pond questions answered by the experts at Pond Boss!

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha View Post
                  How did I miss this? Awesome start man! Keep us updated as much as possible. :zclapping:
                  Stopped down there this weekend for Mother's day and took some pictures. The construction company needs 500,000 yards of dirt instead of 200,000 they originally thought they were going to need. Now it's looking like it'll be about 10+ acres of water instead of the 5-6 they originally were planning. I'm hoping to get pictures up tonight after work.

We've already got 3-4 little puddles of water!!:ayes: I absolutely can't wait until they're done to get a fishery established!

Comment

Can't wait to see those pics!

Comment

:aayeahthat:
                      Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Gone, but never forgotten!

Comment

Pictures are coming, they're on my wife's camera. Been crazy busy since last week and will hopefully get a chance to get them up soon!

Comment

Now that they're getting to the point where most of the lake is underwater, they have a couple of roads through the middle of it and have giant backhoes digging up soil and putting it in the semis. Pretty cool to watch! I'm amazed the dirt doesn't cave in and the equipment doesn't go in the drink.
                          Last edited by Fishingnerd33; 11-06-2012, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Incredible! Hey, any more you can tell us about the place since you first posted? Acres, goals, etc.?

Comment

Cool pics! Thanks for keeping us updated!
                              "Survival depends on being able to suppress anxiety and replace it with calm, clear, quick and correct reasoning..."
                              -Sheck Exley

Comment

Working...
                              X