Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash04jv
    replied
    In the autochart options on the head unit, you can set the depth, the lower you set it, the more color you get. I set it to 15 feet because 14.5 was my max depth. Also can adjust from a handful of color palletes. I don't exactly remember the names of the options without it in hand, I just started messing with them until it got how I want it.

Then I just took a photo of the screen with my phone for those pics. Copy and pasted them some in photoshop. That was before I bought Autochart software.

Leave a comment:

• Gillynelson
    replied
    Originally posted by Flash04jv View Post
    I was told by a forum member to try a humminbird helix 5 g2 chirp gps, $270 at walmart. Finally got it this weekend in the mail. Took it out last night. Push one button and it started making the map as I paddled around in my kayak. Very pleased with the results. But I need to get the AutoChart PC software to get the actual high quality map in hand, for now it's stuck on the fish finder.

Flash I’m curious how you get the full color pallet on the original helix map? All my maps only go from yellow to red.

Leave a comment:

• duckandgoose_nut
    replied
    Another thing you can try is to take a reel tape measure and you find a railroad spike. Drill a hole through the top of the spike then just take a wire and connect to the end of the tape measure. Drop the take and when it stops going down reel it up tight then thats your measurement. I know that will depend on the size of your pond but it works awesome of little ponds.

Leave a comment:

• Jayomaha
    replied
    Thanks!
    JDL

Leave a comment:

• Flash04jv
    commented on 's reply
    AutoChart PC and Zero Line.

• Jayomaha
    replied
    Exactly what software did you end up getting?
    JDL

Leave a comment:

• Catfishsteve
    replied
    Wow, that is really cool, Flash!

Leave a comment:

• Flash04jv
    replied
    Added the software, man it really improved the map. Pretty great setup for people wanting to make their own maps, very easy to use with great results.

nebraskanative If you are anywhere near me, I'd gladly map your lake with a kayak. Wouldn't take me long at all. PM me.

Leave a comment:

• QuackerTracker
    replied
    Cool map Flash!

Leave a comment:

• Flash04jv
    replied
    I was told by a forum member to try a humminbird helix 5 g2 chirp gps, $270 at walmart. Finally got it this weekend in the mail. Took it out last night. Push one button and it started making the map as I paddled around in my kayak. Very pleased with the results. But I need to get the AutoChart PC software to get the actual high quality map in hand, for now it's stuck on the fish finder.

Last edited by Flash04jv; 08-27-2019, 06:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Val Didrichsons
    replied
    I've got a Lowrance Mark 4 (B&W unit with GPS and mapping) that I bought four or five years ago at WallyWorld for $98. Used that in Yakky Doodle until I found a Hook 5 color unit on closeout.

Just remember to avoid the X versions of the sounders. (4X, 5X, 7X) -- they don't accept the microSD cards or premade map cards

Leave a comment:

• Flash04jv
    replied
    Kayak and fish finder.

Could anyone recommend a fish finder that is easy to create maps with? And not cost $500. I'm working on the same thing right now.

Leave a comment:

• Val Didrichsons
    replied
    I second that electronics are gonna be a must. Beg or borrow a unit with GPS. If you have a micro-SD card, you can record the data and generate a custom map.

Leave a comment:

• frogmanjim
    replied
    Some electronics will auto-create a map for you. This would be the most efficient way to do it.

Leave a comment:

• HAWGHunter
    replied
    I would see if someone could lend you a flasher or portable fish finder that you could borrow. It would save you quite a bit of time and give you a more accurate reading.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X