Canoeing across public land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canoeing across public land

Looking into conoeing the last part of a river system that has only private property for access. With that said there is a dam with public lake above the stretch I'm looking to conoe. Without getting technical I know that as a resident of nebraska can get out of any nebraska water way to navigate any man made or natural obstical. With that said, am I permitted to trespass on state property to bypass the dam and continue floating down the river surounded by public land? Any advice on who to call to clarify these regulations and answer any similar questions?

You should contact the Property Manager of the "state property".

While I don't like your choice of the word "trespass", accessing "public property" concerns can be handled with a simple phone call.

DO keep a note of who you called if your request for access is provided.

Harold F.
    Report Fish/Game Violations:
    1-800-742-SNAP (7627)

Comment

What river?

Daryl B.
      Daryl Bauer
      Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
      Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
      daryl.bauer@nebraska.gov
      http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

Lower snake any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by husker14 View Post
          Lower snake any advice?
          Better have permission from all landowners, and I am not sure it is even canoe-able. There are a darned lot of deadfalls in that stretch.

Daryl B.
          Daryl Bauer
          Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
          Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
          daryl.bauer@nebraska.gov
          http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

I am aware of the obstacles granted things have probably changed significantly. But father and friends did it numerous times in the 80s pre privatiazation. After all the fine print the water still belongs to the state. My question is who at the state can I contact to clarify questions. I would like to do things correctly and enjoy a beautiful part of nebraska only seen by a select few and also complete something my father did in his younger years.

Darrel any advice is appreciated granted your position at g and p

Comment

I'm not an expert in the area by any means, but what public land abuts that section of the Snake downstream of Merrit Reservoir? A quick look on OnX shows no public land in that area other than some BELF land which is most likely leased out.
              -----------------------------------------
              -My computer, my time, my opinions

Comment

Working...
              X