Boat Aluminum Welding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat Aluminum Welding

Looking for suggestions on a place in Lincoln to take my John boat to have a small crack in the hull patched and welded. The JB Weld method works for an ok amount of time but after some time on the road it breaks loose.

One way to piss off a welder is to gob some JB weld on it and ask him to fix it when it fails... It'll double his time to do the repair.

You might try Havelock welding.
    When you have the option, please buy American made. If it does not save your job, it might save mine.

Comment

I took my Jon Boat to Havelock welding several years ago for a crack in the hull. They did a great job.

Comment

Thanks guys I’ll have to check them out

Comment

Originally posted by barrywalker View Post
          Looking for suggestions on a place in Lincoln to take my John boat to have a small crack in the hull patched and welded. The JB Weld method works for an ok amount of time but after some time on the road it breaks loose.
          Looks like you got an answer. Just wondering do you think it cracked from bouncing on the trailer or vibrating. I am going to be trailering my Jon so kind of interested in your or any others opinions.
          Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Pretty sure it was from the trailer. Right where the crack is, there is a roller. I am going to remove the rollers and just have bunks. That boat isn’t heavy enough to really need rollers, and the bunks will be less punishing when traveling rough roads like you get at the refuge.

Comment

Thanks! Reason I asked is I will hitting some water that while great fishing all are down wash board roads. Fixen to reconditioned the bunks so hoping for the best!
              Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

I’m going to wait until the dog days of summer to fix it. Then when it’s nice and hot out I’ll just take my kayak out

Comment

Working...
                X