Riding in boat while it is on trailer.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riding in boat while it is on trailer.

I was camping at weigand this weekend and the people camping next to us said someone got a ticket for having people under 18 in the boat while pulling it from the boat ramp to the campsite. I have no idea who this happened too but I am kinda curious on the exact rule on this sense we do a alot of camping.
    Big Fish Control My Brain!! I don't want to eat 'em I just want to meet 'em!!

Nebraska Motor Vehicle law prohibits any child under the age of 18 from riding anywhere without being properly restrained, this includes cargo area or in something being towed by a motor vehicle.

https://nebraskalegislature.gov/laws...atute=60-6,267

-----------------------------------------
    -My computer, my time, my opinions

Comment

Scott,
      Thanks for the update!!
      Big Fish Control My Brain!! I don't want to eat 'em I just want to meet 'em!!

Comment

I forgot about that aspect, past weekend I gave some neighbor kids a ride in the back and saved them the walk from the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by fsh4eye View Post
          I was camping at weigand this weekend and the people camping next to us said someone got a ticket for having people under 18 in the boat while pulling it from the boat ramp to the campsite. I have no idea who this happened too but I am kinda curious on the exact rule on this sense we do a alot of camping.
          Wonder if those people will continue to camp at Weigand, or head across the dam to Lewis and Clark to spend their camping money.

Comment

• whitetips
            whitetips commented
            Editing a comment
            What? They have no rules and regulations in SoDakota?

Daryl B.

• michael.magorian
            michael.magorian commented
            Editing a comment
            Daryl, I'm not saying they weren't in the wrong, and I don't know all of the details of this event, maybe these were teenagers and maybe they were 5 year olds, but harassing tourists with petty citations is not good PR. On the same note if you go over to the SD side of the lake, you will see tourists getting cited for having drain plugs in when they back up to boat ramps on a lake that is already full of zebra mussels. Laws are laws but when there are more important issues at hand, maybe efforts would be better spent elsewhere.

I have seen enough parents that lack good judgement in the past to know that rules like these exist for a good reason.... even if they are taken a little too far sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoHunter View Post
            I have seen enough parents that lack good judgement in the past to know that rules like these exist for a good reason.... even if they are taken a little too far sometimes.
            The fact that they lack good judgement is testament enough that these rules don't affect the ones that they were designed for anyway, lol.

Luckily the county deputy that I encountered while hauling a mess of kids in the back of my truck last summer exercised reasonable restraint.

Comment

Working...
            X