Old Minn Kota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Minn Kota

Well can't get a replacement foot control for my pre 2007 powerdrive. Couldn't I just buy the newer model and splice my rectangular plug-in on it?? Or is this just a pipe dream....

PM sent

Comment

Try looking for a copilot for your unit. You should be able to learn a new cordless footpedal to it or just use the fob. Also do some research on installing a powerdrive V2 control board in your unit.

Comment

Well I replaced the old power drive with a new to me terrova. The question is, the old power drive has a built in transducer on the nose, and the terrova does not, can I (or more than likely a professional) switch out those nose pieces so the terrova gets the transducer?

Comment

Bump....just wondering if anyone has done this.

Comment

If your PD and Terrova are the same diameter you may want to give it a try. You will also have to make sure the armature shafts are the same also. You maybe better off getting a trolling motor mount for your transducer.

Comment

I've ALWAYS had excellent support from the Minn Kota Technical Support Team. Haven't always liked the answers... but... HA!
              • Contact Us | Minn Kota Motors

www.minnkotamotors.com/contact

If you have technical questions about your Minn Kota product, you may also call us at 800-227-6433. You can reach us Monday-Friday between 7:00am and 4:30pm CST (in U.S. and Canada) To help troubleshoot your product, please click here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Harold F
              Report Fish/Game Violations:
              1-800-742-SNAP (7627)

Comment

Originally posted by Harold View Post
                I've ALWAYS had excellent support from the Minn Kota Technical Support Team. Haven't always liked the answers... but... HA!
                • Contact Us | Minn Kota Motors

www.minnkotamotors.com/contact

If you have technical questions about your Minn Kota product, you may also call us at 800-227-6433. You can reach us Monday-Friday between 7:00am and 4:30pm CST (in U.S. and Canada) To help troubleshoot your product, please click here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Harold F

After searching the internet and reading many articles, watching several YouTube’s and talking with a couple local repair shops I recently called MinnKota and they helped me diagnose the defective part on my powerdrive v2 iPilot. It wound up being a rather pricey conversion but after using the remote with the gps functions for the last 9 years it was worth every penny. I didn’t realize how dependent I was on this piece of equipment.

Comment

I've got a Humminbird XTM DI 25 T that I'm ready to part with. I bought it for my Terrova but my Terrova has the "Lift Assist" built-in and I decided that I didn't want to remove the lift assist assembly in order to glue the cable to the shaft ( you can do that with the older Terrovas). I ran the cable inside a piece of coiled air hose but finally decided that the built-in 2D sonar was sufficient. I hope to move to an Ultrex over the winter as well. Here's the compatibility list...
                  For Humminbird Models:
                  • 300 Series: 386ci DI, 346c DI
                  • 500 Series: 571 HD DI, 561 DI
                  • 600 Series: 688ci DI, 678 DI
                  • 800 Series: 858c HD DI, 858c DI, 859ci HD DI
                  • 900 Series: 958c DI, 958c HD DI, 959ci HD DI
                  • 1100 Series: 1158c DI, 1159ci HD DI
                  • HELIX Series: 5 DI, 5 DI GPS, 7 DI, 7 DI GPS, 9 DI GPS, 10 DI GPS, 12 CHIRP DI GPS

Comment

Working...
                  X