Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Boat Registration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New Boat Registration

    How does new boat registration work?
    Are you allowed a grace period before having to register the boat similar to instransits on a car? Or are you required to settle up with your local county treasurer before your even allowed to take the boat out on your local lake?

    #2
    It has to be registered before you can take it on the water.

    It takes all of 5 minutes and $20 dollars in registration numbers for your boat.

    Comment


      #3
      You have a 30-day intransit period, just like a car. You will need to carry your dated bill of sale with you on the water during that time.

      Before that 30 days is up, you will title and register it at the County Treasurer. They will assign you numbers which you must affix to the side of the boat (or reassign you existing numbers on a used boat, if they are NB numbers).

      Info on the process can be found at http://digital.outdoornebraska.gov/i...g-guide-2018/3 starting on Page 4.

      Lots of other good reading there about the equipment you have to have on your boat, AIS prevention, boating safety class requirements, safe operation, and more.

      If you have any other questions, feel free to post or PM.

      Scott Eveland, Boating CO
      NGPC
      -----------------------------------------
      -My computer, my time, my opinions

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Chasing_Cats View Post
        It has to be registered before you can take it on the water.

        It takes all of 5 minutes and $20 dollars in registration numbers for your boat.
        If it is 14ft long or more, it costs a bit more than $20. My 14ft aluminum is almost $30. And don't forget the Invasive Species fee.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Ellros View Post

          If it is 14ft long or more, it costs a bit more than $20. My 14ft aluminum is almost $30. And don't forget the Invasive Species fee.
          I believe he's talking about the number decals you affix to your boat... The 3-year registration fees vary based on the size of the boat.
          -----------------------------------------
          -My computer, my time, my opinions

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Scott Eveland View Post

            I believe he's talking about the number decals you affix to your boat... The 3-year registration fees vary based on the size of the boat.
            Correct. The stickers are under $20 dollars. I think my boat was a tad over $30 dollars to renew for the next 3 years

            Comment

            Working...
            X