Evinrude Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions Needed Evinrude Motor

Looking at possibly getting an outboard motor for our boat. I found one and could use some help identifying the year. Any educated guesses from the pictures? The motor is several hours away so I'd like to know what I'm getting into before making the trip. I'm thinking '80-85?

Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

I have a 15hp that has very similar stickers on it. Mine is a 1983.
    There are usually 2 numbers in the model number that give the year it was made. The tag is on the part that goes over the transom.

Comment

Originally posted by CobisCaller View Post
      I have a 15hp that has very similar stickers on it. Mine is a 1983.
      There are usually 2 numbers in the model number that give the year it was made. The tag is on the part that goes over the transom.
      The owner is getting the serial number today sometime so should be able to find that out soon.
      How do you like yours? My grandpa has had a 1979 Johnson since it was new that has served him very well, just curious what your experience has been with it.
      Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

My grandpa bought mine new as well. It has a ton of hours on it and is still going. I had it tuned up a few years ago and it runs great.
        With any motor 30+ years old, stuff will break. Most parts are readily available for these motors.
        Check the compression on yours. Both cylinders should be close to each other. Also, it should fire up within a few pulls if its in good shape. Mine starts on the 4th or 5th pull.

Comment

Working...
        X