Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott,
    Thank you for the response.
    You say it is tricky to get the numbers to physically stick? Is an adhesive needed to secure the numbers? Is it necessary to prep the surface to affix the numbers? Is there a particular kind of number/material that is used for boats? Ive seen the block letters at Walmart but I believe they are used for house/mailbox numbers. Is that the type used?
    In Service to Him.:2thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by Nebraskacoontrapper View Post
      Scott,
      Thank you for the response.
      You say it is tricky to get the numbers to physically stick? Is an adhesive needed to secure the numbers? Is it necessary to prep the surface to affix the numbers? Is there a particular kind of number/material that is used for boats? Ive seen the block letters at Walmart but I believe they are used for house/mailbox numbers. Is that the type used?
      It just can depend on the type of material/surface of your boat. If it is a smoother plastic, no problem. If it is "rougher" they may not stick all that well. Just depends a bit on the boat. Like any time you adhere decals, you just want a smooth, clean surface, and not a cold day.

The block letters from Walmart/hardware store can work. So can most of the numbering kits for big boats. I also like to use sites like doityourselflettering.com where you enter in the text, and they send you a precut label you apply.
      Last edited by Scott Eveland; 04-30-2018, 09:49 AM.
      -----------------------------------------
      -My computer, my time, my opinions

Comment

Thank you again Scott. I going to order numbers from the website that you recommended.
        This process has been a PIA. I went to the Douglas County DMV yesterday(April 30th) and BEGAN the process. I gave them the following information. Ascend 128T kayak, 13 feet long and the HIN. They wanted a bill of sale for the kayak but I told them I didn't have one because I purchased the kayak from an area wide/multi family garage sale last fall and didn't think it was necessary to get one for a garage sale item. It was never titled or registered by the original owner. This created confusion and prompted lots of questions. After much time, the DMV issued me a registration ($32.00) and told me I had to come back tomorrow(May 1st) and have a title issued (another $18.00). What a PIA!
        With all this said. If I decide to sell this kayak in the future and the next owner decides NOT to run a motor on the boat, do I still need to do a Bill of Sale, title transfer and cancel the registration?
        In Service to Him.:2thumbsup:

Comment

If you sell the kayak WITH the motor, you will need to provide the title and a bill of sale. You are required to provide them with the same of any motorboat. If not, then no. You would also be eligible for a refund of the unused portion of your 3-year registration.
          Last edited by Scott Eveland; 05-01-2018, 12:35 PM.
          -----------------------------------------
          -My computer, my time, my opinions

Comment

None of my business but if you had to go through the hassle of getting a title and all I would think you would be willing to do the bill of sale and title transfer to save the next guy the hassle that you went through.
            Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Working...
            X