Boating Education?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boating Education?

It is a balmy -5 wind chill at Lake McConaughy today, so of course, a great day to think ahead about boating this summer...

Classes are getting posted to the boater education calendar almost daily this time of year:

http://calendar.outdoornebraska.gov/...st_format~html

Beat the rush, take it early!

Any operator of any motorized watercraft in Nebraska must be at least 14 years of age and must complete a boating safety course if born after 12/31/1985.

The course comes in three formats:

A) Six-hour classroom course.

B) Online study with proctored exam

C) All online

Options A and B are listed on the calendar linked above. Option C is available from a third-party site at www.BoaterExam.com.

Full info at www.BoatSafeNebraska.org.

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!

Scott Eveland
    Boating CO, NGPC Ogallala
    Last edited by Scott Eveland; 02-12-2018, 07:56 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    -My computer, my time, my opinions

Is there a cost difference between the three options? On the all online class does it have to be taken all in one sitting or is a person able to break it up into sections until testing time?

Comment

Originally posted by yote_trapper20 View Post
      Is there a cost difference between the three options? On the all online class does it have to be taken all in one sitting or is a person able to break it up into sections until testing time?
      The Option A and B classes are usually $10, but sometimes free. The online class provider charges a fee of $29.95. You can stop and start the class as many times as you need to.
      Last edited by Scott Eveland; 02-12-2018, 07:57 PM.
      -----------------------------------------
      -My computer, my time, my opinions

Comment

Working...
      X