Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Park clean-up and Family Fishing Day at Holmes Lake in Lincoln on 5/4/2019-11:00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Park clean-up and Family Fishing Day at Holmes Lake in Lincoln on 5/4/2019-11:00

Park Clean-Up and Family Fishing Day Slated for May 4, 2019 at Homes Lake in Lincoln.

On Saturday, May 4, 2019 from 11:00 in the morning until noon the staff and clients of Inspiring Growth Communities, LLC will host a park clean up of the north shore of Holmes Lake in Lincoln as part of their summer community service project. The group plans to follow up with more clean up days over the summer.

Inspiring Growth Community LLC is an agency that assists individuals with mental and developmental disabilities
    in becoming more independent and community inclusive.
    Several other similar agencies will also be represented at this event with staff and volunteers in support of the clean up

Volunteers from the Nebraska Fish and Game Association will also assist with the clean up and the public is also invited to comeat 11:00 to the large parking lot at the north end of dam in Holmes Lake Park if you'd lake to help out. Trash bags and plastic gloves will be provided for all volunteers.

In addition, the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission also would like to invite everyone to bring their fishing gear for a bit a fishing after the cleanup.
    The Game and Parks Commission will provide a trailer at noon with loaner rods and reels as well as bait so that everyone can then enjoy a little bit of fishing in the lake
    following the clean up. There will be volunteer fishing instructors on hand to assist anyone who would like some assistance and/or company while putting a line
    in the water in hopes of a big catch.

Keyuo Craver, executive director at IGC, LLC adds "We hope that the public will gather with our staff and clients along with
    our partners at Holmes Lake on May 4 to help spruce up our beautiful city park and enjoy a couple of hours of relaxation and fun afterwards."Keyuo, along with some other former Huskers will also be attending this event.

This event is, of course, free and open to the public and everyone is cordially invited to attend for what promises to be a
    fun and worthwhile trip to Holmes Lake Park.
    Become the change in the world that you seek.

I would like to invite any Youth Fishing Program volunteers and any other NEFGA forum members who are interested to come to this event. I can think of no segment of our community that deserves a nice day out among friends, enjoying a great park than the adults served by Inspiring Growth Community LLC and other agencies across Iowa and Nebraska.

A big shout out to the City of Lincoln and Larry Pape and his staff at NGPC for his efforts and expertise in pulling this event together and to Keyuo Craver, who is truly the inspiration behind this event.
    Last edited by Catfishsteve; 04-09-2019, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to this event! It will be a rewarding day for everyone!
      NEFGA on Amazon Smile

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

The date for the Holmes Lake Clean up and Family Fishing day is rapidly approaching. Again, I would like to invite everyone and encourage you to invite your friends and family and bring them out to Holmes Lake Park in Lincoln on Saturday, May 4 beginning at 11:00 a.m. You are welcome to come and help with the clean up and enjoying some fishing. Of course we'd like to have as many volunteers as possible to help out those who are new fisherman or perhaps just fisherman who are "new again". NGPC will have one of their "activity trailers" there so you won't even need your own pole!

In the original post, there's a name there that may have rung a bell with some of you as the executive director of our partner for this event, Inspiring Growth Community LLC. Yes, it is THAT Keyuo Craver! If you might be too young to remember those days, Google it!

Anyway, mark the date on your calendar and if you are planning to be there, maybe drop a shout in this thread, especially if you are coming as a Volunteer Fishing Instructor. We are just trying to get a little bit of a head count ahead of time. But in any event, plan to come early that day or come late, just come as you are and help us kick off the summer. Bring your whole family and a grill and make a whole afternoon of it.

I think the weather is going to be great, the water should be warmed up a bit for a really enjoyable time at a great park.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Catfishsteve View Post
            This will be this Saturday, May 4, at 11:00. The weather forecast is looking and I hope everyone can make it down to Holmes Lake!!

Comment

I cannot express my admiration and Thanks to all of the NGPC Volunteer Fishing Instructors who came out for this event at Holmes Lake on Saturday. It was really great to see that level of participation and I hope you all have a great summer with many other successful events around the State. A big Thank You to Larry Pape and his staff for their help and support as well.

If you haven't been to one of these family fishing events, you need to gather up your family and Go!!

If you've thought about becoming a Volunteer Fishing Instructor, you really need to do that!!

Comment

Great to hear it was a good time! Volunteering as a Youth Fishing Instructor is truly a rewarding experience. I'm hoping to find something similar in my new locale. Great work here gentlemen!
                NEFGA is endorsed by Pond Boss

Get all your pond questions answered by the experts at Pond Boss!

Comment

Working...
                X