Missouri?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missouri?

My kids keep asking to go fishing on the river. I have never fished it, and don't even know where to fish, where is access on bank, or what to use for line/weights/hook sizes/bait. I have mostly fished lakes all my life, and some of the canal system out west.

You can fish a N.P. Dodge Park (that is if the water is down and the park is open again). Its just north of the morman bridge. Umm... The park in Bellevue on the river.. I forgot the name of it begins with an H. As for hook size and such I'm not sure, I just used what I had on hand.

Comment

Halleck Park in Bellevue. Go out through Olde Town Bellevue to the bridge. Last I heard the park was closed due to flooding. Dodge park as well. You'd have to check for sure now, though.

Probably find the kids a little slack water, a small hook, some corn or worms with a good sized split shot a foot or so up and you'd be in business.

A better choice right now might be the Platte River off of Louisville State Park or Two Rivers SRA.
      Become the change in the world that you seek.

Comment

I've never fished it from the bank, but if you're going to fish at haworth, you will have to fish on the channel side which means fast deep water. You will need a 4 ounce weight or better just to keep the current from taking your line for a ride. I see guys fishing there all the time though so for the best advice, I would go out there some day and ask around.
        dave

Tell a man there are 100 billion stars in the universe and he will believe you. Tell a man a bench has wet paint and he'll have to touch it to be sure.

Comment

Working...
        X