Glad to see this forum!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see this forum!

I am glad to see this forum as I love to fish but I am not very good at it... I will be spending a lot of time here learning! :Fishing:
    Regards,

Rob Johnson

www(dot)robjohnson(dot)info

I don't fish much myself, but I'll certainly refer people here.
    "Survival depends on being able to suppress anxiety and replace it with calm, clear, quick and correct reasoning..."
    -Sheck Exley

Comment

Rob & CG,
      Just wanted you to know that your posts last month weren't deleted, just saved for today's launch of the Beginner's Corner.

I want to thank everyone who contributed to this effort over the past month.

As you all can see, we'll be adding more species in the upcoming weeks IF you provide the information. (I've heard rumors that somewhere among our 2,000 members, two or three of you know how to catch a wiper... :D )
      �I think every happy memory plucks a hair from your head; if you see an old bald guy, he�s probably had a great life.� �-Red Green

Comment

Originally posted by Big Johnson View Post
        I am glad to see this forum as I love to fish but I am not very good at it... I will be spending a lot of time here learning! :Fishing:
        What do you mean you're not "good" at it? What does that mean in the realm of fishing? I don't understand.

Here's my take on what good fishing is:

Doesn't matter if you sit there all day with your buddy, spouse, kids, etc and don't catch a darn thing. Fish size and number is for chest beating bragging contests. A truly SUCCESSFUL fishing excursion has nothing to do with those kind of measures. GOOD at fishing is where you enjoy the experience. Taking the time to chat with who you fish with is where it's at. Actually catching fish is just a nice bonus. :rock:

An old man (he was 94 years old) that I went fishing with once that I didn't know very well taught me that perspective....there's some truth to that. :zbow:

Comment

Originally posted by OldBaldGuy View Post
          Rob & CG,
          Just wanted you to know that your posts last month weren't deleted, just saved for today's launch of the Beginner's Corner.

I want to thank everyone who contributed to this effort over the past month.

As you all can see, we'll be adding more species in the upcoming weeks IF you provide the information. (I've heard rumors that somewhere among our 2,000 members, two or three of you know how to catch a wiper... :D )
          I know how much work this was to put together, Rog. THANKS!!! :D
          Looking forward to seeing it get used and continue to grow.

So, nobody will write you an article on wiper fishing? :xIDunno:

Comment

Thanks, Rog, and all involved in this project!! What a great resource!
            "We subscribe to the idea that there's no such thing as failure. There's just giving up. We do not give up. We are relentless." -- The Edge, U2

Comment

What a GREAT addition to this Forum!

Catmando
              :flag:

Comment

Working...
              X