X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canfield's Sporting Goods - Fishing Line Recycling Program

Canfields, in Canfields Plaza, 84 and Center St, Omaha, NE

Earlier this spring Canfields in Omaha helped us get our Fishing Line recycling program off the ground with a generous donation. In mid-March 2008 we installed our first bins out at Two Rivers SRA at lakes #5 and #3.

The early results are that folks are starting to really use these line recycling bins!! We are getting a nice pile of used line together from these and the other 2 bins we placed out a Louisville SRA at lakes #1 and #2 at that same time.

As always, Rick and Beth and all the gang at Canfield's were there with a huge helping hand for us and everyone here at NEFGA is grateful for their help in getting this program off the ground for us!!

Thanks!!

Here is a picture of the line recycling in provided by Canfield's at Lake #5 (Trout Lake) at Two Rivers SRA.

Become the change in the world that you seek.

Comment

Canfields has been a great friend to the forum over the past two years! :zclapping:

Comment

I have used these a couple times and they work great.

Comment

I been over to Wehrspann lake a couple of times walking, and noticed that the fishing line bin is loose on the pole. I tighten the nuts a couple of times they were about to fall off. I think when the wind blows it rocks it back and forth and loosens the nuts. They should be double nuted or lock nuts put on. Just my two cents.

Don

Comment

Thanks, Don. I think you're right about the wind there. That's one of the few bins we've had trouble like that with. Last year the sign actually came off that pole. The wind just works it bad there. We'll have to get over there with some sort of fix and then maybe redo that bin once the weather turns good.
            Become the change in the world that you seek.

Comment

Working...
            X