Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request to be a "Line Bin Volunteer" here.

Collapse
This Is A Sticky Thread
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request to be a "Line Bin Volunteer" here.

You have the opportunity to maintain an official "Nebraska Fish and Game Association" Fishing Line Recycling Bin.

We would be proud to have you as part of the team that helps maintain our line bins. Your role, as a volunteer, would be to make sure our line bins are clean; in good condition; and emptied as needed; and work with our Line Bin Coordinators* to insure bins are being properly maintained. Also, we ask that volunteers share their experiences as they maintain our bins and report any issues that may need to be addressed.

Feel free to leave a post in this thread if you would like to volunteer or if you have any questions about volunteering.

*A Nebraska Fish and Game Association Line Bin Coordinator is a person that acts as liaison between the Board of Directors and the fishing line bin volunteers. Coordinators work within their geographic region as outlined by NEFGA. Duties include keeping in contact with line bin volunteers, addressing any issues or concerns with the property owners, and working with bin sponsors to install new bins when requested.

Coordinators keep in touch with volunteers to make sure that bins are being maintained as needed. They also help with collecting the line from each of their volunteers and getting that line to a recycling facility or to a Director. Typically, this would take place once each year near the end of the open water season.

Coordinators are responsible for contacting the property owners should an issue arise. This is a rare occurrence, but it does happen from time to time.

Coordinators will work with potential bin sponsors, in their area, to help plan and install new line bins.

Coordinators are not expected to perform every task single handedly. The Board of Directors is ALWAYS available to help when help is needed.

GoodApp

Would someone let Edwardo know that I will not be taking care of East Twin or Walnut Creek bins. I moved out of the area plus I am hardly ever on this site anymore. Thanks
    A bad day of fishing beats a good day of anything else.....

Comment

Anything around Crete or Pleasant dale.

Comment

Originally posted by paulsen View Post
        Would someone let Edwardo know that I will not be taking care of East Twin or Walnut Creek bins. I moved out of the area plus I am hardly ever on this site anymore. Thanks
        Yes, thanks for the notification, but mostly THANK YOU for all the time you spent checking those bins! We really appreciate it!
        GoodApp

Comment

Originally posted by MBennett View Post
          Anything around Crete or Pleasant dale.
          Very possible. I will be in touch with you soon.

THANK YOU!
          GoodApp

Comment

MBennet and his son's have graciously volunteered to maintain the bins at East Twin and at Walnut Creek.

THANK YOU, MBennet for helping us, the public, and most importantly our natural resources!
            GoodApp

Comment

Anything around the Omaha area

Comment

Here is the
                NEFGA's Fishing Line Recycling Bin Map

-More than ONE volunteer at a bin has NEVER been a "problem"!
                -It IS APPRECIATED when ANY Member finds and empties a FULL BIN! We do NOT expect the Lake Management to maintain the Bins!
                -PLEASE report your findings HERE so we can track the Bins effectiveness.

Harold F.

NEFGA.ORG-
                MORE than just "TALK"!

Report Fish/Game Violations:
                1-800-742-SNAP (7627)

Comment

Originally posted by catdaddy77 View Post
                  Anything around the Omaha area
                  Like Harold said...pick any bin(s) you would like to help with. Let us know which so we can add you to the list.

THANK YOU!!!
                  GoodApp

Comment

I would love to help with the ones at Elwood Johnson Lexington holdrege and the one at Sandy channel. I'm around them quite often and I'd like to help out. I also would love to try to get one at Methodist cove at Harlan. And one at Cambridge lake. I would do the leg work it would take to make them happen.
                    If any one is coming to elwood, johnson, or medicine creek and has an open seat on there boat i would throw in gas money and snacks for a chance to actually get on the water and fish

Comment

AWESOME! That is GREAT! Feel free to jump right in and maintain those bins.

Send Harold a PM about the bin install. He has a better hand on what happens "out west". Of course, I'm here to help as well.

THANK YOU!!!
                      Harold
                      GoodApp

Comment

Originally posted by wgibson26 View Post
                        I would love to help with the ones at Elwood Johnson Lexington holdrege and the one at Sandy channel. I'm around them quite often and I'd like to help out. I also would love to try to get one at Methodist cove at Harlan. And one at Cambridge lake. I would do the leg work it would take to make them happen.
                        No bin at Sandy Channel...

There are bin coordinators at each of the listed bins, however ANY MEMBER who comes into contact with a bin can (please) empty it and then file a report on the Bin Report forum!

A $100 donation from a sponsor is all it takes to establish a new bin/location. Our RSVP program is explained in the Bin Forum, I've sent you a link.

H
                        Report Fish/Game Violations:
                        1-800-742-SNAP (7627)

Comment

Let me know what I gotta do! Thx guys

Comment

Originally posted by Turtle Girl View Post
                            Let me know what I gotta do! Thx guys
                            Check your PM box.

THANK YOU!!!!
                            GoodApp

Comment