This Is A Sticky Thread
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing Line Recycling Bin Request Thread

Please post NEFGA Fishing Line Recycling Bin requests here.

There are four steps to actually getting a Bin installed. We call it the R. S. V. P. system:

R- someone requests a bin be installed at a Nebraska Public Fishery

S- a Bin Sponsor is found to provide the $100 tax deductible donation to the NEFGA.org for the cost of the Bin

V- a Volunteer is assigned to monitor and maintain the bin, including collecting the line.

P- the Property Manager is contacted for Permission to install the Bin

Once completed, a time and date for "pounding the post" is established. In addition, a Photo-Op with the Sponsor, Property Manager and Bin Coordinator make for a "nice touch" to the installation ceremony!

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=986074.jpg Views:	1 Size:	55.6 KB ID:	1197059
    Last edited by Harold; 03-16-2018, 09:51 PM.
    NEFGA on Amazon Smile

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just a question... There are two bins at Bowling where I pick up; but with the new handicap pier that went in, would a third bin there be an option? Necessary? You can consider this my Request and I would be the Volunteer, but I don't have a V or a P...

Comment

Good question. I don't know if we would necessarily need 3 bins there. What about relocating one of the bins to the new pier? Of course, we would need permission from the property manager for that.

would relocating an existing bin be a better option?
      NEFGA on Amazon Smile

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

I think I agree that three bins might be too many... I just don't know which one I would move. I think the one by the bridge collects more all year, but the one by the trout pond sure fills up fast from Oct-March...

Comment

Received this e-mail:

Harold,

I am wondering what it would take to get another one of those NEFGA fishing line recycling bins for the 2nd lake here at Mormon Island SRA. I like promoting clean areas and these are neat additions. I have recently helped Steve from down at Crystal Lake area with a fishing clinic at Windmill SRA and am planning on doing a few more this summer! Possibly even going down there and doing one. Thanks for your help!

Brock Burney
          Temp. Groundskeeper Supervisor Mormon Island SRA
          Nebraska Game and Parks Commission

I will be sending out a "Sponsor Search" on the Fishing Forum. Best install date would be June 26 at the Family Fishing event at Mormon Island.

R- request a bin DONE
          S- find a Sponsor HELP NEEDED!-The BOAT DOCK!
          V- find a bin Volunteer PENDING-Authentic
          P- Permission GRANTED!

Harold F.
          Last edited by Harold; 07-03-2014, 11:59 AM.
          Report Fish/Game Violations:
          1-800-742-SNAP (7627)

Comment

UPDATE!

A fishing line recycling bin will be installed at 8:00 PM (immediately after the Family Fishing Program) at Mormon Island #2 on Thursday, June 26th.

With the assistance of Forum Member "Authentic", The Boat Dock has graciously sponsored this bin!

Harold F.

COMPLETED!
            Last edited by Harold; 07-03-2014, 11:58 AM.
            1-800-742-SNAP (7627)

Comment

We have a Request for a Fishing Line Recycling Bin at the newly renovated Bowman Lake at the Bowman Recreation Area just west of Loup City.

I am in search of a Volunteer that would be willing to check that bin "in a timely fashion" should a Sponsor and Permission be granted to install the bin.

PM me or just respond to this post!

Harold F.
              BIN INSTALLED!
              Last edited by Harold; 11-28-2018, 06:34 PM.
              1-800-742-SNAP (7627)

Comment

• Enginesen
                Enginesen commented
                Editing a comment
                If you cannot find anyone to help out I would be willing to swing by there on my way to Sherman. It wouldn't be "in a timely fashion" but I should be able to to make it up there at least once a month in the spring, summer, and fall months.

• Harold
                Harold commented
                Editing a comment
                THANK YOU, Enginesen!

I will add your name to the Bin Map!

A good time to add a reminder- ANYTIME you see one of our 100+ Fishing Line Recycling Bins across Nebraska, and it needs emptying... PLEASE EMPTY IT and make a report on our "Bin Report" page.

One of the reasons for the success of this program is that we do NOT expect the Property Owner to maintain "our" bins!
                Last edited by Harold; 11-28-2018, 06:33 PM.

Walnut Creek in Papillion used to have a line recycling bin on the fishing pier. A couple years ago, it disappeared. Is that because of the trash that people would fill it with?
              Mike - LaVista, NE

Comment

Originally posted by Flicted View Post
                Walnut Creek in Papillion used to have a line recycling bin on the fishing pier. A couple years ago, it disappeared. Is that because of the trash that people would fill it with?
                Yes, I removed it. It was full of trash and had been vandalized. I contacted the park superintendent and attempted to move it over to the boat ramp. But it was decided to just remove it from the park. Walnut Creek has no trash cans, making the bin a prime trash bin.

Comment

Understand. There are a few trash bins now...I think. Great program, but little respect for anything these days.
                  Mike - LaVista, NE

Comment

Several Bin Requests have been added to the BIN MAP
                    Symbol: Click image for larger version

Name:	SYMBOL.gif
Views:	24
Size:	1.0 KB
ID:	1217539

Before they can be installed the RSVP must be completed!

Bin Volunteers are needed for-

Fremont Slough WMA (North Platte)
                    ALDA I-80 (DOR)

A sponsor has been secured for these two bins, once a Volunteer is found to empty the bins on a "timely fashion", the Property Managers will be contacted for permission to "pound the post"!

Harold
                    (YES! More than One volunteer per bin is APPRECIATED!)
                    Last edited by Harold; 11-28-2018, 07:20 PM. Reason: add symbol
                    1-800-742-SNAP (7627)

Comment

Working...
                    X