Bin destroyed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bin destroyed!

Yep that's right, some jack-*** destroyed the bin at Melham. Cleaned up the mess and tossed it into the trash can. Unless someone else is gathering line, it is my opinion to not even worry about putting it back up. Also the post that held it was cut off, may be more here than meets the eye, they are rebuilding the fishing access and may have got a little rough with the removal, I will do more checking into it.
    Last edited by hankthecrank; 01-28-2013, 06:49 AM.
    The only difference between fishing and catching is one fish.

Thanks for the heads up, Hank.
    Become the change in the world that you seek.

Comment

Because this is a "sponsored" bin, it was replaced April 13.

City of BB took a "shist happens" view and offered NOTHING to the NEFGA.ORG for the destroyed bin.

The bin was re-located on its own steel post along the sidewalk entering the pier area.

Harold F.

THANK YOU HANK for the report, and PHISHDR for his assistance in replacing the bin!
      Report Fish/Game Violations:
      1-800-742-SNAP (7627)

Comment

Thank you everyone for making sure this was taken care of. I appreciate it.
        NEFGA on Amazon Smile

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by hankthecrank View Post
          Yep that's right, some jack-*** destroyed the bin at Melham. Cleaned up the mess and tossed it into the trash can. Unless someone else is gathering line, it is my opinion to not even worry about putting it back up. Also the post that held it was cut off, may be more here than meets the eye, they are rebuilding the fishing access and may have got a little rough with the removal, I will do more checking into it.
          Probably weren't smart enough to remove the two lag bolts holding the bin to the wood post...

They didn't call the LOCAL PHONE NUMBER on the bin, either, where someone would have been able to remove the lag bolts.

Harold F.
          M_SS_bangdesk:

M_SS_let_it_all_ou
          1-800-742-SNAP (7627)

Comment

Thank you, Harold!
            Become the change in the world that you seek.

Comment

CatfishSteve and daughter Steph made the trip on the original install at Melham. :2thumbsup: :zbow:

Even MORE REASON to replace it!

And, it DOES accumulate a good amount of line during the open water months!

Harold F.

Was:

... and NOW:

Harold F.
              1-800-742-SNAP (7627)

Comment

Working...
              X