X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harold
    replied
    EXCELLENT! Thank you, Flash!

wildernesswomen please let me know if any of the other bins you have run into have padlocks/chains that keep the plug from being removed.

I was told they should NOT stop them from being unscrewed, just from "walking away". IF the chains are two tight, I did locate a couple keys that will hopefully allow "us" to remove them.

From the first report, to the completed process, just proves what I know to be true:

nefga.org- MORE than just "talk"!

Harold F.

Leave a comment:

• Flash04jv
    replied
    Bin at Louisville #2 is back up. Bottom cap is a bit sticky to open yet, but hopefully the screen keeps some trash out so it won't fill as fast.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180511_165908.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1201229

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180511_165841.jpg Views:	1 Size:	97.4 KB ID:	1201224

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    commented on 's reply
    John, PM me your MAILING address and I will send you a metal sign for that post. Unless, of course, you have one from one of the pulled bins.

Appears the Jenny N bin has a sealed bottom cap. THANK YOU Wildernesswomen (?) for relocating that bin!

Harold F.
    Last edited by Harold; 05-03-2018, 05:46 PM.

• Flash04jv
    replied
    Removed bin from Louisville SRA #2 until I get it repaired. Harold the top sign is cardboard and is ruined.

Bin at Jenny Newman in Platte River State Park looks great. Nice location to whoever moved it.

Leave a comment:

• Flash04jv
    replied
    I'm not sure about the key, have never had a key for one. I saw that the bottom had the chain on it, didn't get a good photo of it.

I'll just remove the whole thing tomorrow, if I can, and get it repaired.

If the bin at Jenny Newman still needs moved from the swamp I can do that too. If someone is working the shop I'll make sure we get it in a better location they are ok with.

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    replied
    Originally posted by wildernesswomen View Post
    Dumping through the bottom is not an option when you have no key for the locks. (Mahoney, Memphis, Louisville, Platte River)
    I have always dug it out with a hanger at these locations.
    Thanks!
    SERIOUSLY? We haven't removed the padlock/chains on these ORIGINAL BINS?

Catfishsteve , JKL , Flash04jv can't we remove those chains and locks? We have several bins out here, NEVER added the chains/locks and over the years only had ONE screw plug swiped!

At the least someone get wildernesswomen a cotton pickin' KEY! (Then toss the key and chain- good grief!)

Harold F.

Steve, weren't these all "keyed alike"? When I made the "Omaha Bin Tour" with Roger "back in the day", I was sure that was the case.

Leave a comment:

• wildernesswomen
    replied
    Dumping through the bottom is not an option when you have no key for the locks. (Mahoney, Memphis, Louisville, Platte River)
    I have always dug it out with a hanger at these locations.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    replied
    Didn't get the pics,but that one above works perfectly fine!

Should easily be able to "chisel" the remaining rim remenants from the elbow and simply slide on a new one.

I have a 90* elbow like that one had, or you can grab a 45* like we use in the new bins and put a green screen on it to help limit the trash. Menards is where we get our bin parts "out here".

I would suggest using that post hole with the bolt in it to secure the elbow and the tube to the post- NO GLUE!!

If anyone is coming to Fort Kearny for the Expo, lemme know and I can put together an elbow and screen to take back.

IF you are having trash problems with those original bins, remember it is CHEAP and EASY to add the green screen when there is a means to dump the line from the bottom!

H

Leave a comment:

• Flash04jv
    replied
    Louisville #2. Harold Not sure my pics ever sent.

Leave a comment:

• wildernesswomen
    replied
    #2 bin Louisville was placed next to Main Fishing pier Lake#2. It is in need of repair, top elbow came off.

Leave a comment:

• JKL
    replied
    I haven't forgotten about the bins. Life has interfered a bit. I still have plans to get this taken care of.

Leave a comment:

• wildernesswomen
    replied
    ........ :fishing2:

Leave a comment:

• JKL
    replied
    That's a relief. I was imagining a 3 mile walk through a swamp while fighting off gators and anacondas.

Leave a comment:

• wildernesswomen
    replied
    it was only a few feet out from shore...........:lol:

Leave a comment:

• JKL
    replied
    Will do.
    Someone might want to video record me retrieving this bin. It could be a youtube moment. Maybe I should bring the kayak just in case :raisedbrows:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X