No announcement yet.

OSU vs. NU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NU better pick up the pieces and move on or this will turn out to be another crap season. Defense has improved quite a bit from last season but the other facets of the game are going nowhere. The O-line has no push at all to get a solid running game going week in and week out and that’s killing the passing game. Of course, Mr interception isn’t helping either.
    They have cometh

Comment

At this point I'm looking at the schedule and trying to find a W. Looks like a .500 year folks. We need to thank theeeee ohio state for calling off the dogs. As we all witnessed, they could have rung up another 30 in the second half, easy. QB/team maintain their Dl lead in turnovers. Hell of a stat right there. Going back several QBs, same thing. Going back several coaches, same thing. Husker QBs are Dl leading turnover machines. Why? OL stinks so bad I can smell them all the way out here west of the 100th meridian. Our O lineman that got posterized a dozen times last night, in slo-mo, on ABCs national stage, does a post game presser......that took a lot of courage right there. No amount of weight room/film study/nutrition table/buy into the culture BS is going to help this O line, they're just not very good. Not to mention all the recruits that were there, they ALL want to be Huskers now....right?
      Let's admit it folks, Nebraska is a volleyball school. Plain and simple, and I'm OK with that. It'll be years, if ever, that our football program is back to where we all want it to be.
      GBR!

Comment

Last night sucked. No other way to say it. I hoped they would be up for the task, but that wasn't the case.

That 3rd INT should have signaled the end of the game, it looked like the Huskers were simply going through the motions after that. Disappointed, national stage, huge rowdy crowd and the team didn't perform.

The old-school drive was sweet, had they scored on that drive that would have been a huge boost. Martinez is a very unconfident QB against good teams, a sign of youth. He will get better, in a sophomore slump right now.

The last thing this program needs is another coaching change. I mean, it's worked so well the last 10 years...🙄
        Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishingnerd33 View Post

The old-school drive was sweet, had they scored on that drive that would have been a huge boost. Martinez is a very unconfident QB against good teams, a sign of youth. He will get better, in a sophomore slump right now.
          Martinez was better last year when he was younger and less experienced. NU has a few decent players on offense but they put nothing together to use those talents. Maurice Washington is gonna move like he’s 80 years old after playing for NU and getting beat up like he does. Same with Spielman. Fix the O-line and get a QB that commands the office or be happy with a mediocre team for years to come.

They have cometh

Comment

Originally posted by Alex T. View Post
            Martinez was better last year when he was younger and less experienced. NU has a few decent players on offense but they put nothing together to use those talents. Maurice Washington is gonna move like he’s 80 years old after playing for NU and getting beat up like he does. Same with Spielman. Fix the O-line and get a QB that commands the office or be happy with a mediocre team for years to come.
            The coaches have also given Martinez a lot more on his plate scheme-wise. Last year, it was the just the basics, hit your first read or tuck it and run. This year he has to make more reads, check downs, all while running for his life. Martinez is trying to make roads and hit check downs, but that is dang hard when he's got D-linemen and linebackers in his face before the receivers can get in their routes.

This fix is a 4-5 year fix. Not a 1 season 4-8 to 12-0 turnaround. Martinez isn't the guy to be THE QB, he's the guy before THE guy. No one loves Nebraska football more than Scott Frost, in a few years things will be vastly different.

Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

So if Martinez isn’t the guy, are any of the other QBs the guy they need in there? If so, they should be in there. And if Martinez can’t do checkdowns, for whatever reason, tuck the ball and do something positive.
              They have cometh

Comment

Hope yall in Huskerland have deep pockets and alot of patience. 150 million dollar sports facility and another 20 years of recruiting is gonna git r done! TO is rollin in the grave he hasn't been buried in yet!
                Yall aint from round here is you?

Comment

Hunget11 why delete your posts? Hawkeyes are comn to town.....Hawkeyes are comn to town..........Hawkeys comn nto town..........(no , I dont like any Iowa team for the record) Just love this guys smack talk with no backup.
                  Yall aint from round here is you?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex T. View Post
                    So if Martinez isn’t the guy, are any of the other QBs the guy they need in there? If so, they should be in there. And if Martinez can’t do checkdowns, for whatever reason, tuck the ball and do something positive.
                    What I'm saying is that Martinez is going to pave the way these next couple of years for the next QB to come in and blow things up (in a good way).

Martinez has a huge upside, he's shown what he's capable of, he will continue to develop. Even later this season and into next year he's going to be much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishingnerd33 View Post

What I'm saying is that Martinez is going to pave the way these next couple of years for the next QB to come in and blow things up (in a good way).

Martinez has a huge upside, he's shown what he's capable of, he will continue to develop. Even later this season and into next year he's going to be much better.
                      Been hearing wait till next year for like the last 15 years. 5 games in and it's wait for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by fish66 View Post

Been hearing wait till next year for like the last 15 years. 5 games in and it's wait for next year.
                        And how many times in those years has the program hit the reset button? 6? 7? And there are lots calling for that again. Seeing a pattern?

Comment

Saw this online this A.M.. ESPN College Game Day fact!! Last Saturdays blood letting was THEEE worst home team loss in the history of ESPN College Game Day, ever........

Comment

• Harold
                            Harold commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Just what Espissn was looking for.

• Fish On
                            Fish On commented
                            Editing a comment
                            How so Harold? please explain

Originally posted by Chunky Tuna View Post
                          Hunget11 why delete your posts? Hawkeyes are comn to town.....Hawkeyes are comn to town..........Hawkeys comn nto town..........(no , I dont like any Iowa team for the record) Just love this guys smack talk with no backup.
                          I didn't delete my post Chunky Hox fan. Now that the Sqwaks are done playing Miami High and Morton Middle school we'll see how they stack up in conf. Remember you already played Rutgers Jr high so you're one gimme is already gone. Time for Iowa to do Iowa things. A trip to the Big House and Penn ST are up next. But Hey when you lose those two, ol' Capn Kirk will have an excuse right.... "Thats football" I think he's fond of saying.

Comment

And just like death & taxes IOWA doing IOWA things. The Hox found a way to score less points in the Big House than the winless 2018 Huskers did! Mr Nate "I can't make a play to save my life" Stanley showed up again. And we are off down the road to a typical Sqwauk season. Looking forward to the 4 or 5 loss Hox visiting Lincoln for the Finale.

Comment

30 rushing attempts 1 yard total? Oooops sorry wrong Website I'll get back to trolling Hawknation.com This is almost too much fun!!

Comment

Working...
                              X