MLB Opening Day 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MLB Opening Day 2019

Well well Well it was Opening day of another baseball season and no chatter from the resident Spank or Red sux or sCrub fans? I've got a question for those esteemed Spank fans out there and we know who you are, How long have the Spanks been playing baseball? 100, 120 years? More? Did you know that the Spanks have never ever done something that the Los Angeles Dodgers did yesterday. In fact NO major league team has ever done it. The Dodgers hit 8 HRs on Opening day yesterday setting the MLB record. They were MASHING! And no they weren't facing Hedeki Irabu. They LIT UP Greinke. A One time Dodger who should've re-signed with them, instead of going all Robinson Canoe. Ya ya I hear you sCrUB fan you scored 12 runs yesterday too....against Texas. What you couldn't get Round Rock for the Opener? sCrUB fan you better just worry about that little beer town to the north and not concern yourself with the two-time defending National League Champs. We'll be waiting for you come Oct, IF you make it there.

In honor of whats going on with Jeopardy right now with the Streak and Alex Trebeks ongoing cancer fight lets play some more MLB-Jeopardy: For $800 and this category- Name the player who leads the Majors in the following categories, Batting avg, Runs, HRs, RBI's, Hits, and OPS. But Wait you said player as in singular Alex? Yes that is correct one player leads the entire Majors in all six of those categories, WHO is it? Can we get a hint Alex? Yes He's the 2017 ROY winner. Still no answers.........OK here's who its NOT: Its not Aaron Juvie court Judge, or Robinson Canoe, or any other INJURED Spank, its nobody from the Red Sux, Astros or sCrUBS, Excuse me sCrUB fan you're not eligible to play until your team gets above .500. Its not Bryce Help Me Harper, or is it anybody from the entire American League. Folks your answers please..... Who is Cody Bellinger! CORRECT! Rising Dodger star and currently unstoppable force at the plate leads the Major Leagues in all SIX offensive categories. And, Oh BTW, just broke the record for most RBIs in the month of April to start the season.....Stay Tuned Folks we'll be back after this word from our fine sponsors....

Comment

ATTENTION: calling all sCrUBs fans I got three words for you.... Bell in ger, as in Cody. He'll make a mess of your pitching staff in a HURRY! Ask Jon Fester errr Leaster I mean Lester. Awfully quiet on here. Thought we'd hear something from Spank fans now that they ascended to the top of the ALeast. Or Twink fan. I know there's one or two of them out there. How much longer Twink fan are you going to puff up your wins by constantly playing teams that are 20 games under .500? Let me guess another series with KC or Seattle this weekend? Or maybe Minny you can stop by Omaha and pick up a few wins at the CWS on your way to KC?

Comment

Morning fellow baseball fans its time for an update on the season. Yes that includes you Spank fans. Hey question speaking of Spanks: whats with the name Glayber? Was his Mom undecided, she couldn't pick between the names Gary and Clayton, surely after Clayton Kershaw no doubt, so she named the kid Glayber? Whattup? Make up your mind. Anyway I digress, on with the update. Here's some trivia questions about this season and where it sits historically:
        1 Since 2013 this team has the most wins by far in all the Majors.
        2 This same teams seasons has included runs of 42-8 in 2013 and 43-7 in 2017 two of the greatest 50 game streaks in history.
        3 They have the best record this year in the Majors.
        4 This team has allowed the fewest runs in the Majors.
        5 This same teams leads the NL in most runs scored.
        6 And lastly this teams current winning percentage is the best in the Majors would also finish as the best in team history.
        If you answered the Dodgers of Los Angeles you would be correct. You would also be correct in guessing that they will cruise to the 7th straight division title this season. At this time if they just play .500 baseball the rest of the season, which they have not done for a month or even a week all season, with 42 games left they will finish with 102 wins!!!
        Shout out to the red hot Tribe for making at least one of this years division races interesting. And ALeast Puuullllease any team with Tampa Bay c'mon. Hey get more than 6 people at your games first TB and we'll talk about it. NLeast and the ATL, unless Glavin, Maddux and Smoltz of the 90's come walking back into your clubhouse, no worries. And NO sCrUB fan your division isn't interesting, you and the Blew Crew are merely hors dvores for October........

Comment

Don't believe anything you read and only half of what you see.

Comment

• Harold
            Harold commented
            Editing a comment

If only the baseball season ended in September...
          "Hey lizard, am I standing in poop?"

Comment

• Harold
            Harold commented
            Editing a comment
            Had to check date of post... HA!

Interesting little series coming up at Chavez Ravine this weekend......

Comment

Working...
          X