Huskers vs Spartans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huskers vs Spartans

Will the weather play a factor? I think our Huskers will win, ugly.
    Huskers 31
    Spartans 24

NU loses.
    They have cometh

Comment

Huskers 35 MSU 14
      Did I say that outloud??

Kill'em & Grill'em!!!!!!!

Comment

Huskers - 27
        Spartans - 21
        ​Go Big Red!!

Comment

I feel like Nebraska would win this game by 14+ in good weather. With the high winds forecast, I think it may be a low scoring dog fight of a game.
          Huskers - 27
          Spartans - 24

Comment

Originally posted by WyoHunter View Post
            I feel like Nebraska would win this game by 14+ in good weather. With the high winds forecast, I think it may be a low scoring dog fight of a game.
            Huskers - 27
            Spartans - 24
            I second this motion.

Comment

Huskers - 27
              Mich St - 24

Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

Got the spread right! Great game!

With a win against Iowa, sitting a 5-7 would there be any chance for a bowl game?
                Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

• Harold
                  Harold commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The forecast looks good... Maybe TOO good to be counting hawkeggs before they are hatched...

Originally posted by brian40 View Post
                Huskers 35 MSU 14
                Way off but I'll take it!!
                Did I say that outloud??

Kill'em & Grill'em!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishingnerd33 View Post

With a win against Iowa, sitting a 5-7 would there be any chance for a bowl game?
                  It's not unheard of. Seems like Texas went to a bowl game with that record a few years ago. I would imagine that if there are more bowls than there are bowl-eligible matchups, Nebraska has a good chance of going to one as they should be able to draw a good crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by uglymike View Post
                    Will the weather play a factor? I think our Huskers will win, ugly.
                    Huskers 31
                    Spartans 24
                    Missed the score by a bunch, but so did everyone else, Mother Nature decided to throw a curveball. Iowa nuked Illinois, gonna be a tough game Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishingnerd33 View Post

From what I am reading, that will not happen. The way it works is that if there is not enough 6-6 teams to fill bowl slots, then they will soliciti 5-7 teams. They are ranked in order of GPA and then picked in that order. The year we went to the Foster's Farms bowl and beat UCLA was a result of that. This year, there are already too many 6-6 teams for bowls :-(. Still, it will be nice to pound the chicken-hawks, finish the year winning 5 out of 6, and head into next year with tons of momentum/buzz !!
                      ​Go Big Red!!

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleH View Post

From what I am reading, that will not happen. The way it works is that if there is not enough 6-6 teams to fill bowl slots, then they will soliciti 5-7 teams. They are ranked in order of GPA and then picked in that order. The year we went to the Foster's Farms bowl and beat UCLA was a result of that. This year, there are already too many 6-6 teams for bowls :-(. Still, it will be nice to pound the chicken-hawks, finish the year winning 5 out of 6, and head into next year with tons of momentum/buzz !!
                        That sounds right. I had no idea how they selected the teams. I figured since everything revolves around $$$$$, they would select teams that would travel and bring the most fans the best. Under that criteria, NU seems like a no-brainer.

Comment

I thought the Huskers went one year with a sub .500 record but wasn't sure. Wish a bowl was a possibility, but the momentum of the season's end is fantastic!

Comment

"IOWA come out to plaaa-ay. IOWA come out to plaaaa-aaay." Don't be impressed by that IA-ILL score folks the Illini LAID DOWN in that one badly.
                            HUGE win for the Huskers on Sat. A slug it out street fight. Thats the kind of win thats helps teams down the road. Win a tight one in terrible conditions against a very solid opponent. Physical Big Ten style. I guarantee the folks in IA City took notice. What was once a winless Husker team they were salivating to throttle NOBODY wants to play now. Could've asked Urban. Now ask D'Antonio.

Oh by the way....Warriors circa 1980 cult classic.

Comment

Working...
                            X