Congrats to Iowa QB Nate Stanley...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to Iowa QB Nate Stanley...

National Offensive Player of the week last week and Big 10 offensive player of the week. He’s drawing comparisons to Ben Roethlisberger and if he keeps playing well and upsets Penn St next week he has a shot at being a Heisman finalist according to some. Pretty impressive. Only a Junior as well.

No matter what he does, he will not be a heisman finalist this year. Don't kid yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve81 View Post
      No matter what he does, he will not be a heisman finalist this year. Don't kid yourself.
      You think the quarterback on a team that finishes 12-1 and beats Ohio state in the Big 10 championship to advance to the college football playoff doesn’t deserve to be a Heisman candidate?

Comment

Originally posted by 92proof View Post

You think the quarterback on a team that finishes 12-1 and beats Ohio state in the Big 10 championship to advance to the college football playoff doesn’t deserve to be a Heisman candidate?
        Horse then cart...
        Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

• Harold
          Harold commented
          Editing a comment
          I was gonna say "chicken then egg", but I guess that is still up for discussion! HA!

Comment

You mean the Ohio State that lost big to unranked Purdue? Are were you talking about a different Ohio State?

Regardless, no. Not to take anything away from the kid. I'm sure he's a good QB and is very valuable to his team but he will not have the out-of-this-world numbers playing at Iowa that are required in today's league to become a finalist.

Comment

You mean the Ohio State that lost big to unranked Purdue? Are were you talking about a different Ohio State?

Regardless, no. Not to take anything away from the kid. I'm sure he's a good QB and is very valuable to his team but he will not have the out-of-this-world numbers playing at Iowa that are required in today's league to become a finalist.
            I guess it’s going to be an easier game than anticipated.

Comment

Are you counting your squawkeyes before they hatch?

Do you want to get on the Husker band wagon? We still have some room. I don't know how long it will last though.

We'd welcome you.

We'd even let keep your Iowa stuff, in case they win something before your dementia renders you completely Daffy.

Let me know.....spots are filling fast.
              Peace and Love

Comment

Nate Stanley has several spots in front of him he may be a good player but he's no Dwayne Haskins.

Comment

National Offensive Player of the week last week and Big 10 offensive player of the week. He’s drawing comparisons to Ben Roethlisberger and if he keeps playing well and upsets Penn St next week he has a shot at being a Heisman finalist according to some. Pretty impressive. Only a Junior as well.
                  Silly chicken-hawk fan!!
                  A-Mart is way better than Stanley and he is only 18 years old!!
                  ​Go Big Red!!

Comment

Well, those Heisman rumors are likely going no where.
                    Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

Yeah, Stanley had a rough game for sure.

Totally off topic, but seeing penn state on tv having any success just grinds my gears. Their program should have been either cut permanently or something worse then what SMU got. The relative slap on the wrist they got was an absolute joke.
                      "Hey lizard, am I standing in poop?"

Comment

Iowa......they are who we thought they were.

Like clockwork......

Would like to be a Husker fan now?

There's still room on the ground floor.
                        Peace and Love

Comment

Well it looks like the OP has been banned. Judging by his previous posts, he pretty much only came to this site bash on you Husker fans. So at least you guys will have one less pot stirrer to deal with.

Comment

Banned?

He never said anything ban worthy.

That's lame.

Peace and Love

Comment

Working...
                            X