Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's gameday and nobody posted a NU vs. Minnesota thread?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's gameday and nobody posted a NU vs. Minnesota thread?

Well then I'll get it started!

I think the Gophers win by a touchdown.

One of two things will happen....1) Nebraska wins. Or, 2) they fall apart again and lose by blowout.
    They have cometh

Comment

Nebraska continues to improve. They learn from last week's loss and come away with a 34-31 win!
      Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

If Nebraska can get pressure on Annexstad, he tends to get ancy really quick. If not I don't think Nebraska's defensive backs can cover Tyler Johnson or rashod Bateman. In last week's game Minnesota actually threw to their tight ends more than they've had all season and I think that was because they weren't using them to Max protect. The offensive line is seem to come together a bit after adding the six foot 9 400 lb true freshman to the starting lineup. Minnesota's running backs the two freshmen are solid but nothing spectacular. Hoping maybe Shannon Brooks will be playing today he hasn't played all season long. On defense if Minnesota can't get pressure on quarterback Nebraska will have a field day throwing on Minnesota's depleted secondary. The Gophers have been solid against the run all year long except for Maryland when they gave up couple long runs. Carter Coughlin number 45 is the best Minnesota pass rusher and Blake Cashman number 36 is always around the ball and usually has a hand in a lot of tackles. If I had to guess a score I would say 27 to 24 Minnesota, but with these two teams who the hell knows.
        "Hey lizard, am I standing in poop?"

Comment

Freakin barn burner! Two of the worst teams in the Big 10 trying to pick up their first meaningless conference win.

Comment

Woo! Glad to see things continuing to improve! Good win today!
            Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishingnerd33 View Post
              Like I said.....it'll get better

Comment

Originally posted by Fishingnerd33 View Post
                Is there a bad win when you only have 1?

They have cometh

Comment

Originally posted by Alex T. View Post
                  Is there a bad win when you only have 1?
                  Nope, but a team can play poorly and still win. Good to see the team play well and get the win.

Comment

Originally posted by crappie_eyes View Post

Like I said.....it'll get better
                    For sure, we have both been saying that, good to see today's game!

Comment

I wasn't able to watch the game but the final score seemed to show that NU dominated. Was that actually the case?

Comment

Yes and no would be my answer. NU ran the ball at will most of the game...seemed Minnesota was more out of place, especially on the two long touchdown runs, then getting manhandled. Frosts scheme/playcalling gave Rob Smith , Minnesota's defensive coordinator, fits all game . After that piss poor effort and making Nate Stanley look like a viable college quarterback , that guy should be looking for a pink slip sooner than later .
                        However Minnesota had one early TD erased by penalty, two 4th down plays stopped deep in NU territory (one in each half) and a tipped ball interception in the 4th quarter.
                        Turned out to be a fun game to be at though, even though the final outcome was not what I had hoped for. Lincoln is always a cool place to tailgate and for the most part Husker fans are pretty solid to be around
                        "Hey lizard, am I standing in poop?"

Comment

Working...
                        X