No announcement yet.

Huskers vs Northwestern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one stung a bit... really thought we had it...

Saw more fire out of the defense, until the final drive. It was close, competitive, and hard fought. The effort wasn't lacking, so that's a positive.

GBR!
    Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

I see wins against Minnesota and Bethune Cookman and maybe Illinois?
      ​Go Big Red!!

Comment

This year is awful but I still have more belief now than I ever did with Riley. I still think Frost and his staff can bring the Huskers back, it's just going to take more time and beer than I was planning on!

Comment

Originally posted by 92proof View Post
          Frost blew it again! Should have kicked the fg in OT. LMAO. 0-6 Dumb penalties and awful coaching.
          No kidding. What in the world was he thinking? I am a Frost fan and I still believe in him and the staff but that was probably one of the worst game decisions i have seen in a long time

GBR

Comment

Originally posted by Dropshot View Post

No kidding. What in the world was he thinking? I am a Frost fan and I still believe in him and the staff but that was probably one of the worst game decisions i have seen in a long time

GBR
            Frost has zero faith in the kicker, can't even make an xtra point let alone anything at distance. Kudos to the walk-on punter, one bright spot IMO.

Comment

• Dropshot
              Dropshot commented
              Editing a comment
              I do understand that he doesn't have faith in the kicker but you cant get a better "kick" scenario than what they had during overtime play. Odds were higher for the kick to be good vs the offense making that first down.

• Flicted
              Flicted commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't get caught up in hind sight. If he would have made the field goal and NW scored a TD, it would have been bad coaching. Like everyone has been saying, if just one of the stupid mistakes or penalties did not get made, there wouldn't have been a chance to tie it up.

Originally posted by DoubleH View Post
            I see wins against Minnesota and Bethune Cookman and maybe Illinois?
            Minnesota sure played a really good game against Ohio State for the most part. I don't know if NU can do that yet. If the game were played today, I still would take Minnesota over the Huskers.

Comment

same scenario as when he was at UCF went from 0-12 to 13-0....except UCF players wanted to play, wanted to fight, wanted to win and wanted to play together as a whole. NU has a few players that want to do that. It's going to be a long painful rest of the season but it will get better.

Comment

Originally posted by crappie_eyes View Post
                same scenario as when he was at UCF went from 0-12 to 13-0....except UCF players wanted to play, wanted to fight, wanted to win and wanted to play together as a whole. NU has a few players that want to do that. It's going to be a long painful rest of the season but it will get better.
                FrOsT wEnt uDeFeaTeD aT UcF so nU iS gOinG uNdeFeAteD aLsO!

Comment

FrOsT wEnt uDeFeaTeD aT UcF so nU iS gOinG uNdeFeAteD aLsO!
                  I doubt it...not for a long long time anyways. Especially with these kids but it will get better. Frost knows what it takes to win he was there with and for Coach Osborne. (I also think alot of people sitting in front of a screen typing have coaching figured out!!...see alot of it at high school ball games where the fingers get pointed at the coach...let the coaches coach and the players play) He can't just start kicking kids off the team for not wanting to play or he wouldn't have a team left. There was alot on the line this year for NU football. New coaches and old techniques to break. NU has one of the best strength and conditioning coaches a college could ask for...thank Frost for that. Recruiting will get much attention in months to come. Do you know how many recruits UCF had durring Frosts first year of 0-12...more then Riley had his whole NU career.

Comment

Originally posted by crappie_eyes View Post

I doubt it...not for a long long time anyways. Especially with these kids but it will get better. Frost knows what it takes to win he was there with and for Coach Osborne. (I also think alot of people sitting in front of a screen typing have coaching figured out!!...see alot of it at high school ball games where the fingers get pointed at the coach...let the coaches coach and the players play) He can't just start kicking kids off the team for not wanting to play or he wouldn't have a team left. There was alot on the line this year for NU football. New coaches and old techniques to break. NU has one of the best strength and conditioning coaches a college could ask for...thank Frost for that. Recruiting will get much attention in months to come. Do you know how many recruits UCF had durring Frosts first year of 0-12...more then Riley had his whole NU career.
                    Frost wasn’t even on the coaching staff in 2015 when UCF was 0-12.

Comment

• crappie_eyes
                      crappie_eyes commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Durring his first year of regenerating from 0-12....my mistake call me an NU fan since we're full of them!

Frost wasn’t even on the coaching staff in 2015 when UCF was 0-12.
                    ​Go Big Red!!

Comment

Working...
                    X