Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the next chapter of mediocrity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the next chapter of mediocrity.

0-1 Really poorly coached team. Lotta bad penalties and mistakes. How are they gonna do against the good teams?

Seriously poor effort at trolling. Either put on a good treble hook or up your speed maybe you'll get some hits, But I'll bite: I COMPLETELY agree. A 13-3 win win over your in-state rival when the score was 3-3 going into the 4th is pretty pathetic football. At least offensively. I thought you had a 2nd year O coordinator or was that just the nepotism getting in the way? Sure looks like another 7-5 6-6 year, now THATS another chapter of mediocrity. But at least you can say he's the longest tenured coach in D1. Thats something right? To answer your question how are they going to do against good teams? You mean like UNI, which you've lost to recently. Just THANK G NoDAK St isn't on your schedule this year. Or maybe Purdue who you lost to on SENIOR DAY last year.
    Although I didn't see much of that big tilt I have to admit of it I was watching two other teams slug it out just west of IA City who could actually score more than 14 pts and still play Defense. GBR

Comment

Yep, no point in playing any more games.

Comment

I'm guessing this was a troll attempt to get the diehard Husker fans frothing at the mouth in defense of our beloved football team. Good for you, if that's the case.

Nebraska plays the first game against Akron, the Colorado game is a completely different outcome. No excuse for the costly penalties and turnovers, a tip of the cap to the CU defense for forcing the TOs early.

If you think we saw the best Nebraska can play this season, you're very badly mistaken. Calling it now... one of the big 3, Michigan, Wisconsin, or Ohio State, is getting upset by the Huskers this season. I'm thinking OSU may be unbeatable, but that's why they play the games!

Am I the only one who noticed the significant improvement from last year to this year? Holy crap, our O and D lines looked darn good for the first game of the year. Obviously there are things to improve, things to work on, but I bet we see significant improvement from the CU game to Troy. Then, the B1G teams better watch out, this team has something to prove this year.

GO BUGEATERS!
        Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

Even in the loss, I LIKE what I saw. Obviously there are/were/will be growing pains but we have to be patient Husker faithful, this is gonna take time. Down 2 QBs after your first game is catastrophic. Can anybody tell me who is behind Bunch on the depth chart? How many snaps did that guy get prior to 2 weeks ago?
          A few observations after just one game. The front seven on "D" better play like that every game because our corners are weak. "O" line looked better, let's hope they stay healthy. We're running back wealthy, might need them for the wildcat if Bunch goes down........... Lots of offensive firepower, but only 1 football.
          I saw better tackling and blocking by a team in better physical condition than the last few years. I also saw a new aggressiveness on both sides of the ball, both physically and mentally. IMHO we're headed in the right direction, but it'll be a bumpy ride this first year. I'll be happy with .500 this year. GBR!

Comment

As an Iowa State fan, I was sad to lose to Iowa City. I feeI like ISU was in a similar boat as the Huskers in that they didn't get a full game under their belt before taking on the in-state rival. I am not surprised the Hawkfan came to troll.
            Iowa State!

@JimVanBruggen

Comment

Did anyone see this coming? This team is worse than last year. Oh yeah, literally everyone who isn’t a blind Husker Fan did. You’ll be lucky to win 4 games this year and 1-2 wins is a real possibility. Mediocre is way too kind. You’ve become a bottom dweller in the Big 10.

Comment

What is funny is that that the Husker haters give us crap for not giving coaches time to build the program saying we are inpatient. While it is painful right now, pretty sure the true fans will give Frost all the time he needs.

Did I say that outloud??

Kill'em & Grill'em!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brian40 View Post
                  What is funny is that that the Husker haters give us crap for not giving coaches time to build the program saying we are inpatient. While it is painful right now, pretty sure the true fans will give Frost all the time he needs.
                  There is vast improvement from last year. How many team's seasons start this way? Backup QB skips town 2 weeks before the first game, first game gets cancelled, starting QB goes down, start 2nd game with our 3rd string QB. All this while changing systems, schemes, etc under a new coaching staff.

There are a lot of good things happening in Lincoln. Culture doesn't change overnight, wish it did! Stay the course, better days are coming!
                  Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishingnerd33 View Post

There is vast improvement from last year. How many team's seasons start this way? Backup QB skips town 2 weeks before the first game, first game gets cancelled, starting QB goes down, start 2nd game with our 3rd string QB. All this while changing systems, schemes, etc under a new coaching staff.

There are a lot of good things happening in Lincoln. Culture doesn't change overnight, wish it did! Stay the course, better days are coming!
                    True. But it is fun messing with you die hards.
                    They have cometh

Comment

Originally posted by Alex T. View Post

True. But it is fun messing with you die hards.
                      I'm reassuring myself as much as telling others! This is going to be a rough season!

Comment

The troll is strong with this one....
                        I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. -Sam Redfern

Comment

When was the last 0-3 start? Anyone heard yet? We’ll all know soon I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by 92proof View Post
                            When was the last 0-3 start? Anyone heard yet? We’ll all know soon I guess.
                            When researching this question, go another step and look up 0-4.
                            Iowa State!

@JimVanBruggen

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180917-083144_Twitter.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	1211478

Comment

Working...
                              X