Tristan walks away!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tristan walks away!

Reports are the young man has walked away from the program. Good luck to him. This could be VERY big if there's an injury. Who's the #4 QB, now #3 on the chart?

Matt Masker, a walk on freshman from Kearney. I believe I heard today he has been on campus less than 2 weeks. From what I've read, the University hasn't officially announced his departure, just a reporter has. Hopefully this is like the Crouch/Newcomb thing and he is taking a day to clear his head and think things over.

Comment

I can't say I blame him. He was recruited for a completely different offense, he got beat out by a true freshman and could very easily end up getting beat by someone else next year that is more tailored to this offensive scheme. It hurts the Husker's depth, but I think it was a good decision for a young college QB that wants to play. I think it also showed a lot of class that NE granted his release allowing him to go play somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by michael.magorian View Post
        I can't say I blame him. He was recruited for a completely different offense, he got beat out by a true freshman and could very easily end up getting beat by someone else next year that is more tailored to this offensive scheme. It hurts the Husker's depth, but I think it was a good decision for a young college QB that wants to play. I think it also showed a lot of class that NE granted his release allowing him to go play somewhere else.
        Agree, FCS level QB IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by uglymike View Post

Agree, FCS level QB IMO.
          Absolutely. In the right program he could easily be a standout. If he wanted to, he could be one of the best football players in USD history. The metropolis of Vermillion could send a California kid into shock.

Comment

So...

Here we have a Pre-MaDONNIE who decided to take his ball (and NU's digital playbook and full knowledge of the new coach's QB and other offensive strategies) and go... WHERE EVER HE WOULD LIKE TO GO.

I learned a long time ago the difference between a PROMISE (made to be broken) and a COMMITMENT (made "forever") and it's about time the NCAA does something about OFFICIAL commitments!

Suggestions, anyone?

Here's a start...
            -ineligible for one year ANYWHERE within the NCAA authority.
            -require release from COMMITMENTS from NCAA and NOT the current team. Reputations of teams that won't release a player should not be challenged because of the commitment the TEAM has in both time and $$$ AND likely at the cost of a scholarship to another player no longer available...
            -
            Report Fish/Game Violations:
            1-800-742-SNAP (7627)

Comment

He landed at Oregon State.

Comment

IMO, if the kid doesn't want to sit the bench and transfer elsewhere so he can play, then let him. Make a mandatory 6 month wait before being able to play/practice. In today's social media world, there's no big secrets to give another team.
                They have cometh

Comment

If the coaches are not required to stay there is no way the players should be. The whole NCAA is a money grab anyway, but thats for another discussion...
                  I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. -Sam Redfern

Comment

• Harold
                    Harold commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When a coach leaves under contract, the school is compensated for the early release unlike when a scholarship recruit leaves.

But that coach sat in that recruits living room and promised him he would be there, shouldnt that should mean something? Seems like way more people are more interested in what is good for the school than what is good for the athlete.
                  I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. -Sam Redfern

Comment

Working...
                  X