Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He's back!!! Scott Frost: The myth, the man, the legend!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's back!!! Scott Frost: The myth, the man, the legend!

I haven't been this excited since my Senior Prom night! 🤤😂

WELCOME BACK, COACH FROST!!!
    GoodApp

With his very limited head coaching experience and the expectations he's suppose to achieve, I hope for his sake he succeeds. I think the big question will be is he gonna be given an honest shot to succeed or are the donors and die hards gonna expect too much too fast? He has very few players right now to do things the way he wants.
    They have cometh

Comment

GBR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Did I say that outloud??

Kill'em & Grill'em!!!!!!!

Comment

I personally giving him 4 years to introduce his system, get his players, and get the entire team to be efficient with his system. Im hoping it will be quicker, but i dont think 4 years is unreasonable at all.
        GoodApp

Comment

Originally posted by Alex T. View Post
          With his very limited head coaching experience and the expectations he's suppose to achieve, I hope for his sake he succeeds. I think the big question will be is he gonna be given an honest shot to succeed or are the donors and die hards gonna expect too much too fast? He has very few players right now to do things the way he wants.
          There are those of us that sit back and observe the mistakes our leaders make only to succeed from not making those mistakes ourselves! Scott will do just fine and the Husker diehards will have to remember Tom Osborne "Could not win the "Big One" for several years!

Comment

Great hire! I don't expect much for 2-3 years, because the "cupboard " is pretty bare. It'll take several years just to get his recruits in place, and the 2-3 star underachievers now filling the roster to graduate. GBR!

Comment

I think he can bring relevance back to Nebraska. Look what happened to Oregon as soon as Frost left. Just two years ago, he walked into Orlando with a really tough program, and in 2 years look what he has accomplished. The man is an offensive genius. I don't know how many people have been watching UCF's season, but they run a very balanced offense, and the cameramen are often faked out during the plays. We can't expect to be competing for a National Championship every year, but it should at the very least be a dog fight every year between NE and WI to play for the B1G Championship. Listening to the press conference, he touched on several things that just made me smile because it is stuff that I have said have been missing since Osborne retired:
              - the walk on program
              - discipline
              - strength and conditioning
              - unity

I don't remember ever being excited for a new NE coach, and I certainly don't remember a coach ever receiving a standing ovation the second they got off the elevator for a press conference, or their face on the big screen at Memorial Stadium that says "Welcome". I think this is the best thing that could have happened for the team. (except firing Eichorst sooner so he didn't extend Riley's contract) GBR

Comment

0-12 to 12-0

Frost has proven himself in every capacity in every program he has coached. I don't expect anything different from him here. Thankfully, thwy gave him a 7 year contract, which is realistically what it will take for a complete overhaul and rebuild.

I anticipate big things coming from Lincoln in the future!
                Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

He'll get a good test against a very good team in the Peach Bowl.
                  They have cometh

Comment

After the past 16 years, not expecting much, BUT hoping he has success and a very long career at NE. Who knows, he could be the next TO?
                    Yall aint from round here is you?

Comment

As a Non-Husker fan who lives with a family of Husker fans, my opinion is the fan base is treating Frost like Jesus and in four years they will begin to crucify him.
                      Iowa State!

@JimVanBruggen

Youtube

Comment

The anointing oil is flowing like wine.
                        Peace and Love

Comment

Originally posted by frogmanjim View Post
                          As a Non-Husker fan who lives with a family of Husker fans, my opinion is the fan base is treating Frost like Jesus and in four years they will begin to crucify him.
                          I would bet that it will be less than 4 years before the fan base begin to crucify him. After all, he turned around an 0-12 team in 2 years. Transitive property or something like that...
                          Want to support the NEFGA? Choose us on Amazon Smile!

Comment

Frost has proven himself in every coaching position he has held. I'm excited because he leads young men by example, handles himself very professionally, and is a solid coach. The fans better give him a fair shot to build the program.
                            Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

I don't get this "Frost has proven himself wherever he goes" mantra. Sure, he turned around a bad UCF team. That is certainly something to be proud of but that conference (AAC?) is not even remotely close to what it's going to be like in the B1G. I see recruiting being his biggest hurdle. Nebraska football has been under the shade of mediocrity since a few years before leaving the Big 12. That's a tough sale to get high caliber recruits interested in.

Personally, I like the Frost hire. I think he was the best AVAILABLE option and is a great fit. I'm just worried that he won't get the time that he needs to truly make a difference.

By the way, just so you guys don't think I'm some NU hating Iowa fan, I'm not. I'm an Oklahoma fan and wish you guys would have never left the conference. Screw Texas!

Comment

Working...
                              X