No announcement yet.

NU football

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She works in the athletic department? There they seem to think money is unlimited and hired the guy, Moos, who isn’t afraid to spend money and go out and get that money. 😁

Comment

No, another area. But the comment has been made in regards to watch the cash in certain areas so it can be spent " in Lincoln".
      They have cometh

Comment

Originally posted by Alex T. View Post
        ticket renewal is at an amazing pace......now. it wouldn't have been. Donors are excited......now. many we're ready to stop the cash flow. My wife works for the university and all they hear about is budget cuts and how they have no money. Yet, they have money to pay coaches to not coach. Maybe better contracts should be written.

No, another area. But the comment has been made in regards to watch the cash in certain areas so it can be spent " in Lincoln".

I'm not sure if you are saying that money from the school is being used to fund the coach's buyouts or not, but that isn't the case if you are. The athletic department is not funded by the school. That is just another special thing about the football program.

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/sports...5663f1667.html

Comment

Originally posted by Alex T. View Post
          Not true at all. The athletic department is self funding, and actually gives money back to the school.

See the link that Mntn Man posted.

Comment

On a side note, I believe the football team is getting a rude awakening right now. Two NE players hospitalized 32 minutes into a 40 minute workout that UCF has been doing for 2 years? I think this tells you the state of the team's strength and conditioning prior to Frost. I didn't like the way Mark Phillip carried himself on the sidelines, his USC attitude with the players, or how the players looked on the field, and now it is evident that they have been lacking greatly. One player, a person could call it a fluke, but two players makes me believe they have been out of shape for a while.

I will bet Boyd Epley is feeling vindicated after being ignored for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by michael.magorian View Post
              On a side note, I believe the football team is getting a rude awakening right now. Two NE players hospitalized 32 minutes into a 40 minute workout that UCF has been doing for 2 years? I think this tells you the state of the team's strength and conditioning prior to Frost. I didn't like the way Mark Phillip carried himself on the sidelines, his USC attitude with the players, or how the players looked on the field, and now it is evident that they have been lacking greatly. One player, a person could call it a fluke, but two players makes me believe they have been out of shape for a while.

I will bet Boyd Epley is feeling vindicated after being ignored for so long.
              Phillip was actually a pretty good strength coach, it was Riley that dressed Phillip down in front of the team and essentially neutered him. Riley was making Phillip back off guys, and Riley was the guy who would give the team days off from the weight room.

Perlman, Riley, Eichorst, and Billy D. did so much damage to this football team. It's in its worst shape since the Bill Jennings era.

Comment

Originally posted by KD View Post

Phillip was actually a pretty good strength coach, it was Riley that dressed Phillip down in front of the team and essentially neutered him. Riley was making Phillip back off guys, and Riley was the guy who would give the team days off from the weight room.

Perlman, Riley, Eichorst, and Billy D. did so much damage to this football team. It's in its worst shape since the Bill Jennings era.
                He may have had a "sound" program, we will never actually know what he was and was not allowed to do, but that guy had no business at NE. I heard straight from the horses mouth that he had a confrontation with a team captain and several others because he found them limos and ladies the night before a game, while they were on the road. Why do you think Willie Jones left UNL for the same job at Illinois? It's because Willie has been a stand up guy his entire life, played Division I football, and knows what is and is not ethical.

I'm sorry, I have no respect for the man. Especially the way he carried himself during the games. He never had his shirt tucked in, dancing on the sidelines, laughing and joking with the players when they were down by a landslide.

Your last sentence, 100% spot on.

Comment

Some winter conditioning stats, things are looking good!

389 pounds fat lost
                  436 pounds muscle gained
                  2.8% avg body fat lost
                  Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

Working...
                  X