• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NU football

Mike Riley has just been fired!!

Good
    Bye
    Riley
    Now the wait begins to see who will be hired, fired, and the future of NU football. Hang in there Husker faithful, it can only get better.

Comment

Chip Kelly just got hired by UCLA. Didn't want him anyway.
      Did I say that outloud??

Kill'em & Grill'em!!!!!!!

Comment

Frost is a done deal. He will be coming here. They are all just waiting to announce it because of the season UCF is having.

Comment

How long do the diehards and the donors give Frost to succeed? Can they at least get all the fired guys off the payroll before adding more? And what happens if God, I mean Frost, doesn't produce?
          They have cometh

Comment

Alex T., I guess time will tell. At least Scott Frost is a proven college football coach, what with turning UCF into a program of note, and when acting as the Oregon OC, having proven that he was the backbone of the team. Nebraska's biggest problem was trying to get someone "unproven" for cheap, and hope they turn into the next Tom Osborne.

Comment

A- I wish the media would leave Frost alone and let him coach his Conf Championship game for Petes sake! There are no new angles to cover. And local media stations DON'T be camping out at his parents house you aren't TMZ!!
              B- I HOPE like heck NU fan realizes how bad this NU team is and gives Frost enough time to do a complete revamp on the offense. The defense has players, they just need a SANE DC, a few live tackling drills and a scheme that fits the current roster. BUT THE offense.....For starters one could argue we need a completely new OL save for Decker and maybe Jaimes. Or at least get the rest of them in the weight room. I'm sick of seeing huge fat guys with long hair and arms skinnier than mine starting in major college football! And the next O Lineman I see get a pancake block on a run play in a game will be the first! In at least three years! Not to mention he'll need to find a spread QB and start getting reps and reps and reps. Add in much quicker RB's to run tempo plays and you're getting there. TG it won't take much to improve on 4 wins. Thanks to the previous staff for setting the bar so low.
              C-If G-forbid this thing falls apart and Frost isn't the coach I hope the AD has a solid plan B that he can sell the fan base!

Comment

Things are in motion for bigger and better things for the Huskers.

We have an AD who has proven himself to build programs and I expect him to hire a proven college coach, whether that be Scott Frost or someone else.

My biggest hope is that Husker Nation gives the new coach a fair shake. This garbage of calling for a guy's head after 1/2 a season is complete junk. Give the new coaching staff time to develop the program, support the players, and continue to be Husker Nation!

My second hope is that the media would just leave Coach Frost alone...geez, the dude is playing for a conference championship and a possible New Year's Day bowl, let the man do his job!
                Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

I do wish that all coaching searches had to be after all the bowl games.
                  They have cometh

Comment

I understand why people don't like that coaching searches take place before a team's bowl game. However, I also understand why it's necessary. A college football team is a constant, ever-evolving thing. even though the actual football season may or may not be over, the recruiting season never ends. Getting a new coach in as soon as possible allows that coach the team to maintain whatever recruits they already have. Additionally, getting that coach to the school and letting him bring in whatever assistants that he will inevitably bring means that they will hit the recruiting trail for recruits that may have never been interested in that school in the first place. Basically, recruits are the lifeblood of the program. Much like raising an infant, recruiting requires constant attention. By not getting a coaching staff set up as soon as possible, you run the risk on losing recruits that you already have and missing out on others.

With that being said, I agree that its at least equally as important to bring in the RIGHT coach for the job. Based on who is available, I think Frost is the best option. and I'm not even a Husker fan.

Comment

Riley is back in Corvallis as an assistant head coach. Lol
                      When you have the option, please buy American made. If it does not save your job, it might save mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish On View Post
                        Riley is back in Corvallis as an assistant head coach. Lol
                        what's even funnier?.....NU is still paying him.

They have cometh

Comment

Everyone eventually pays for mistakes. There is a nice sense of hope now among the husker nation. Something we didn't have in recent years.
                          Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Alex T. View Post
                            what's even funnier?.....NU is still paying him.
                            Why is that funnier? Every head coach that gets fired still gets the money guaranteed to them. His wages will be deducted from what we owe. Huskers had a bad hire in Eichorst that led to the bad hire of Riley. The cause is no longer there. (Harvey) It's the nature of the beast. The good news is that at Nebraska money is no problem! Season ticket renewal is going on at an amazing pace. Donors are excited. Haters........ gonna hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mntn Man View Post

Why is that funnier? Every head coach that gets fired still gets the money guaranteed to them. His wages will be deducted from what we owe. Huskers had a bad hire in Eichorst that led to the bad hire of Riley. The cause is no longer there. (Harvey) It's the nature of the beast. The good news is that at Nebraska money is no problem! Season ticket renewal is going on at an amazing pace. Donors are excited. Haters........ gonna hate.
                              ticket renewal is at an amazing pace......now. it wouldn't have been. Donors are excited......now. many we're ready to stop the cash flow. My wife works for the university and all they hear about is budget cuts and how they have no money. Yet, they have money to pay coaches to not coach. Maybe better contracts should be written.

They have cometh

Comment

Working...
                              X