Nebraska vs. Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nebraska vs. Iowa

I'm starting this early because Friday game. I said at the beginning of the season it would be a test of character for the Husker faithful, and it has been. Mercifully, Fridays game will be the end of the season. Looking forward to next years team/season and hope they can get things pointed in the right direction. GBR!
    Nebraska 27
    Iowa 41
    Last edited by uglymike; 11-22-2017, 02:40 PM.

Don't think I am even going to hand my flag out.
    Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

42-3 Iowa. NU blew their wad in the second half last week. Now to see what this new AD is capable of.
      They have cometh

Comment

I hope for the seniors sake they take Iowa to the woodshed. Both teams are unpredictable at this point... Iowa is capable of beating Ohio State but yet can also lose to Purdue. Who knows what will happen... GBR

Comment

I would love for Riley, Langsdorf, Diaco, and Cavanaugh to come out and coach like they want to show the world they want to keep their jobs. I would also love for the seniors, most of whom are from Nebraska, to come out play like they are never to go play again, and just stomp a mudhole in Iowa. Like WyoHunter said, who knows with either team. However, there are certain teams that ALWAYS play their best game of the year against Nebraska; Colorado, Missouri, Minnesota, and of coarse Iowa. I just hope it's respectable and they play like they are trying to win.

Huskers: 31
          Iowegians: 24, or 48

GBR

Comment

I think the coaches could stay home and the outcome would be the same. The only advantage NU has is it's here.
            They have cometh

Comment

• Harold
              Harold commented
              Editing a comment
              "The only advantage NU has is it's here. "

How well has that worked out, lately?

(Omaha North somehow beat Kearney so I 'spose it's possible our Huskers COULD beat Iowa.- HA!)

Who was the wise man that said Iowa would be 5-6 or 6-5 coming to Lincoln back on Oct 5th in the NU-ILL thread? Well here they are 6-5 after a LOSS on Senior Day at HOME to Purdon't, a team that NU beat on the road. Hmmmmmm. Maybe the Iowa OC should hold his tongue and worry about calling better plays after he got shut out at Wisc and didn't get into double digits til a min left in the 4th last Sat? But that is classic Iowa, beat Ohio St lose to Purdon't. That being said I HOPE LIKE HECK the NU coaching staff explains to the players, you aren't going to a bowl game, this is your last game, this IS your bowl game. After this your season is over, so we'll coach like it, you play like it, and we won't end up the worst team in 50 years at this school!!!!!
            Funny how if the Huskers do lose and finish 4-8 its the worst season since '61 and firing the coach is a foregone conclusion. AT IOWA where Ferentz has had a couple seasons of that OR WORSE they make you the highest paid employee IN THE STATE and extend your contract thru 2020-something......SMH.

Comment

• Harold
              Harold commented
              Editing a comment
              Surprised? Why? Iowa had succumbed to mediocrity many decades ago. Appropriately home of the Cub's minor league team... but the football team is still chanting "Wait 'till LAST YEAR"!

Originally posted by Huntges11 View Post
            Who was the wise man that said Iowa would be 5-6 or 6-5 coming to Lincoln back on Oct 5th in the NU-ILL thread? Well here they are 6-5 after a LOSS on Senior Day at HOME to Purdon't, a team that NU beat on the road. Hmmmmmm. Maybe the Iowa OC should hold his tongue and worry about calling better plays after he got shut out at Wisc and didn't get into double digits til a min left in the 4th last Sat? But that is classic Iowa, beat Ohio St lose to Purdon't. That being said I HOPE LIKE HECK the NU coaching staff explains to the players, you aren't going to a bowl game, this is your last game, this IS your bowl game. After this your season is over, so we'll coach like it, you play like it, and we won't end up the worst team in 50 years at this school!!!!!
            Funny how if the Huskers do lose and finish 4-8 its the worst season since '61 and firing the coach is a foregone conclusion. AT IOWA where Ferentz has had a couple seasons of that OR WORSE they make you the highest paid employee IN THE STATE and extend your contract thru 2020-something......SMH.
            In 2012 Iowa had a record of 4-8 the last time they had a record worse than that was 1999 & 2000. Ferentz got a contract extension in 2016. What you said doesn’t make any sense. You’re saying he shouldn’t have gotten a contract extension in 2016 cause of his record in the year 2000? 😂

Comment

• michael.magorian
              michael.magorian commented
              Editing a comment
              I think that he was making mention that Iowa will never be a powerhouse team settling for mediocrity. Iowa's good seasons are an exception, not the standard. Since 2000, Iowa loses on average, 5 games per season. If Iowa is happy with that, then they should continue to extend him, but if they want to take the next step, he should probably go. If he is the highest paid state employee, they must be content with that. Nebraska is not ready to slip into irrelevance just yet. It may happen to us, but we are going to throw a lot more money at trying to fix the problem first.

• Mntn Man
              Mntn Man commented
              Editing a comment
              No, he's saying Iowa is really satisfied with a coach boasting a .592 winning percentage over 19 years. As Nebraskans we would love it if he stays there forever.

What he said was inaccurate.

Comment

• Harold
              Harold commented
              Editing a comment
              When "bashing in fun" an insignificant "rival" (?), innuendo trumps any/all claims of inaccuracy .

Nebraska fans gotta defend their being terrible for the past decade somehow I guess. 😅

Comment

• Mntn Man
              Mntn Man commented
              Editing a comment
              If winning at least 9 games is terrible, sign me up. Only 2 seasons where that didn't happen and that coach is on his last week. GBR!

I wasted no time putting my money on Iowa -3 monday morning.

Comment

Only 2 seasons but it was 2 of the last 3. 😂 You’ve averaged over 4.5 losses a season for the last decade. Nebraska is already irrelevant and getting even worse.

Comment

• Mntn Man
                Mntn Man commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by 92proof View Post
                Nebraska fans gotta defend their being terrible for the past decade somehow I guess. 😅

Somehow I missed a decade changing to 3 years. It’s not good to have a couple bad years in a decade, for sure. It is better than having a couple good years every decade, though. 🤔

• michael.magorian
                michael.magorian commented
                Editing a comment
                Mtn Man, I think you hit the nail right on the head there. Us Husker fans are pretty hard on our team every year, but there is one thing we can all agree on. No matter what, Nebraska has only had as many bad seasons as Iowa has had good seasons in the last 50 years. We all joke and poke fun here, but at least we all hate Iowa.

I'm predicting a half yellow stadium because moos didn't fire or announce anything this week to give fans any hope or reason to look ahead or wish the current staff and seniors the best so there is no sense of need for husker fans to even fill up their stadium this week. After such cheap Tix and empty seats for the northwestern fiasco, iowans should be able to get smoking deals on Black Friday tickets for this one.
              That will make it feel more like home for Iowa, who already has won way too many in this series.
              Iowa 24
              Nebraska 14
              Oh and press conference afterward Riley will speak of how proud he was of the teams efforts, and diaco will blame everyone but himself again for preparations for this game. (We could just replay several of previous conferences and well you get the picture).

(Sigh)
              Go big red.

Jim

Comment

You guys are giving Iowa's offense to much credit. They aren't good. If the running game gets going they score maybe 21.They also have trouble with passing teams. If Lee doesn't throw a couple of picks Nebraska will put up points. Windy day, all about field position, Iowa's punter SUCKS! It's a toss up,,team with fewer mistakes wins. Nebby wins this one. 24-17
                Everybody has something to hide, except for me and my monkey.

Comment

Nebraska fans can celebrate how good they were 50 years ago or 20 years ago to make themselves feel a little better about how terrible they’ve become since joining the Big 10. Meanwhile Iowa fans will be celebrating 3 wins in row against Nebraska by the end of the day. 🎉

Comment

• Mntn Man
                    Mntn Man commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yep, they will have won five all time against big red. Three times against a coach who would only still have his job if at Iowa.
                Working...
                X