X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uglymike
    started a topic Nebraska vs. Penn St.

Nebraska vs. Penn St.

I'll be happy if we loose by less than 40. Huskers gain less than 50 yards rushing, score nothing but field goals. GBR (Good Bye Riley)
    Nebraska 12
    Penn St. 45

• shb
    replied
    There are a lot of fans with nothing invested, yet feel like the team owes them something.

The screechy demands are tough to listen to.

Leave a comment:

• jabNE
    replied
    Yep if they don't do it this week there could be a whole lot of yellow in stands Friday. If they do let him go this week you could see fans come back to fill it up red out of respect for seniors and final game of coaches plus sense of hope for future. Uncertainty and fan apathy is not good message this week.
    also, been a fan of Adam carikers blogs in Omaha paper this year. He was respectful and good fan former player but had a good read on situation all season in my opinion.
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• uglymike
    replied
    I watched the first hour, then went to Kearney to watch the UNK Loper volleyball team win their league finals. They're 33-3 now. Fire Riley today, why wait one more game?

Leave a comment:

• jabNE
    replied
    Me too fishingnerd. I was in garage making about fifty 20" rebar stakes with a 5/8" nut welded on one end for a few extra coyote sets this trapping season. I put the game on the radio and found that pounding on some steel was pretty calming for me.
    I would have normally been glued to our TV too this time of year for a game like that. Now I just need find some physically challenging project around the house for taking out frustration for the Iowa game this week...i have a section of sidewalk I could bust up by hand with a sledge and replace, also could put new wood floors down in our bedroom...what to do...what to do...

Leave a comment:

• Fishingnerd33
    replied
    Well, the Huskers looked good in the second half...against the scrubs...

I missed the game on TV again, hanging Christmas lights...this is a weird habit forming of doing other things besides being glued to the TV during a Husker game. I don't see how there's any way possible that Riley is head coach next year.

Leave a comment:

• gwhunter
    replied
    One good thing is Riley only has one more week as head coach.

Leave a comment:

• JKL
    replied
    Originally posted by JKL View Post
    Shut out!
    Penn State - 72
    Huskers - 0
    I didn't realize the weather was supposed to be bad so I'll change my prediction to

Penn St - 56
    Neb - 0

Leave a comment:

• Chunky Tuna
    replied
    Originally posted by jabNE View Post
    Looking at all the crap P-state went through a few years back to where they are today. And then looking at our program with not nearly that many issues or roadblocks, how in the heck do two programs diverge like that into two completely different directions and outcomes? Kudos to P-state for the complete reset button and back to where they wanted to be.
    ours however has nosedived into tailspin out of control. No black eyes, no sanctions, just a program turned to crap.
    Hope we open the windows soon and get some fresh air in here.
    Go big red.
    Jim
    Thinking the exact same thing! How come other teams can hit rock bottom and bounce back fairly quickly? Husker's last good season was 2001(minus the Rose Bowl, but Miami had probably a top 3 team of all time!) I just don't get it.How come Nebraska can't get some quality coaches?

Leave a comment:

• jabNE
    replied
    Looking at all the crap P-state went through a few years back to where they are today. And then looking at our program with not nearly that many issues or roadblocks, how in the heck do two programs diverge like that into two completely different directions and outcomes? Kudos to P-state for the complete reset button and back to where they wanted to be.
    ours however has nosedived into tailspin out of control. No black eyes, no sanctions, just a program turned to crap.
    Hope we open the windows soon and get some fresh air in here.
    Go big red.
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• Mntn Man
    replied
    I have tried to stay neutral on hiring Frost or someone else but after listening to Crouch’s endorsement of him, I cannot imagine a better hire. This is probably is our last chance to be who we are/ were.

PS 63
    NU 6
    GBR!

Leave a comment:

• michael.magorian
    replied
    As pathetic as the showing was last weekend against a very beatable team like Minnesota, and as harsh as I'm sure Riley was on the team, I predict Penn State will set a few new school records this weekend.

Lions: 72
    Huskers: 6

GBR

Leave a comment:

• grainmaker181
    replied
    I'll watch, but I'm really just counting the days till Mr. frost arrives, if not him at least I think bounds/green/moos will come up with a better plan than mr Riley.

Leave a comment:

• JKL
    replied
    Shut out!
    Penn State - 72
    Huskers - 0

Leave a comment:

• jabNE
    replied
    P-state 56
    NU 3

Go big red.