Huskers vs. Wildcats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huskers vs. Wildcats

These guys seem to have our number, and I don't think we'll get lucky 2 weeks in a row. Our penalties will be our downfall. Wildcats win by 10. GBR (good by Riley)
    Huskers 20
    Wildcats 30

Call me crazy, but I have this weird feeling that this is the game that Nebraska finally plays a good game and comes out on top.

Could just be the post-Halloween sugar rush that's giving me this weird feeling though.

I'll take a shot in the dark and say 21-17 Huskers. The defense wins it with a red zone stop in the 4th quarter.

Comment

NU would have to play nearly mistake free and at the top of their skill level for all 4 quarters. I haven't seen that since Riley took over so I'm not expecting to see it now.
      They have cometh

Comment

I guess I'm operating off the thought process that nobody really expected the Huskers to be this bad this year while nobody expected Northwestern to play as good as they have. So maybe the Huskers will have a game with both teams cancelling each other's unexpected seasons out and then we get a good football game.

However, I'm not a Nebraska (or Big 10, for that matter) fan so I don't follow the team religiously. But I am holding out hope that you guys will return to prominence sooner rather than later.

Comment

Coin flip game according to Vegas... I think it will boil down to who wants it more. I do believe our boys will be playing with a little urgency and the weather looks great for our passing game. NW is 13th in the conference in pass defense- I can see another huge game in the air and hopefully our defense has a day.

NU 31
          NW 30

Just wish we had a fat backup QB to throw the hail marry lol in the final seconds.

Comment

• michael.magorian
            michael.magorian commented
            Editing a comment
            Under most circumstances, I would never use internet jargon, but I literally LOLed at work. Just remembering how he heaved that ball as hard as he could, and darn neared fell over, brought a smile to my face. Thanks for reminding me.

Northwestern 21
          Nebraska 14

GBR.

Comment

Northwestern by 3. 27-24
            NEFGA on Amazon Smile

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

I want to stay positive because I don't think Northwestern is a very good team, but I just don't see it happening two weeks in a row. How does a coach begin to fire up a team before this game? "Come on boys!! This is for 2nd place in the Western Division of the Big Ten!! Let's all have fun.!!" I think it's going to be a low scoring battle of mediocrity.

Huskers: 10
              Wildcats: 17

Comment

Never bee to a point where I lost almost complete disinterest in Husker football......sad.
                Yall aint from round here is you?

Comment

NO FLAG at my house.
                  They have cometh

Comment

Hy-Vee has a rack of husker clothing 50% off.

I turned on the game on TV, after first three and out I moved to garage and put it on radio so I could hear it while I worked on removing an old basketball pole that was cemented in VERY well. Nothing provided motivation for busting up concrete like disappointing husker football game.
                    Got my project done by end of game, GBR.
                    Then I saw what Iowa did to Ohio State, and saw Penn State go down again.
                    You don't have to be a great team to take down the giants, just a good coach who can rally the troops and use the skill sets where they will work against that other team. And Iowa was able to do what Ohio State has done to others for a long time including us, stomp them in a beat down of scoring.
                    I'm not a Hawks fan, but good job to that team yesterday for taking care of business.

I still don't think we can win any other games on our schedule under this coaching.

And if I hear our much touted and highly paid defensive coordinator and his excuses for the defense kids not buying into his system quite yet, I'm going to be sick to my stomach. How many hundreds of yards do you give up before he will just once say OK it's not the kids fault it's me. Good coaches put right kids in right seats on the bus and then drive that bus using those kids best skill sets correctly. Quit telling us it's their fault they just haven't bought into your system. Get off that crap and start prepping these guys correctly for the next game. Same with head coach, do a good game plan and practice it to perfection. Week in and week out we are watching other teams and coaches driving their buses successfully. Ours looks more like four bald tires, a shot suspension, and broken tie rod with no steering. C'mon guys let's drive this old slow isn't working right crappy bus again to MN, Penn State, and IA, can't wait to see how this camp Riley adventure will end.

GBR.

I put up my flag yesterday, but man it's getting a little tattered and worn after last twenty years of flying proudly. Need a new flag too I guess after this season.

Comment

It was painful to watch, we've reached a new low in ineptitude. Can't remember a worse team in my lifetime of being a Husker fan. On a positive note, the Lady Husker volleyball won another 2 matches this weekend. National championship again this year for Coach Cook and the team?

Comment

• 10_point_buck
                        10_point_buck commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I am a season ticket holder for both football and volleyball. I have really enjoyed going to a lot more volleyball matches the last few years and those ladies are fun to watch !

My Husker flag will be flying upside down for the rest of the season.
                      NEFGA on Amazon Smile

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Boys if its not painfully obvious now it never will be. Its over for Riley and his staff. He knows it, the players know it (they play like they know it), and the fans know it. Its too bad there are 3 games left I'm afraid we'll get the same effort and result we've got the last 3 years. Holding off on a long long rant here...
                        I will say this, I hope our new AD has a #2 man in mind in case the #1 man that everyone is assuming, hoping, pining for, doesn't end up in Lincoln.

Comment

It's a sad day in NU football when ya can't mess with Huntges11.
                          They have cometh

Comment

Working...
                          X