Huskers vs. Buckeyes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskers vs. Buckeyes

It'll be about like last year. Huskers get demolished by +50 points. I'm gonna say Ohio St. 68 Huskers 13. Tanner Turnover will once again tenaciously defend his top position as THEEE worst QB in Div. l football throwing INTs with another 2 or 3. He'll also fumble the ball once. #44 gets pancaked so many times you'll need a calculator to keep track. #88 gets hit right on the left and right hands and still can't catch the ball. GBR!

OSU 38
    NU 14
    GoodApp

Comment

As much as I'd love to pick the upset, don't think it's going to happen on Saturday.

Ohio St looked solid, to say the least, last week against Maryland. I see us putting up around 10-14 points in the game. Our defense causes a turnover for a pick-six or short field for the offense. As for our defense, the D-line will struggle to get stops/penetration and we pay dearly for it. Special teams may be a difference maker early if we can get a good return on a punt or kickoff. I expect the crowd to be electric at the start of the game, hopefully, the play on the field keeps them loud.

I hope I'm wrong:

Ohio St - 56
      Nebraska - 14
      Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

Looks like some of the faithfuls are seeing the light. You know times are tough when 1) NU is getting picked to lose more and more 2) the point difference that people are predicting is in touchdowns and not single points and 3) seats are being sold on some of the ticket places for less than 50% of face value. Oh yea, my prediction..... I'll probably be watching another game by halftime.
        They have cometh

Comment

OSU 49
          NU 17
          GBR!

Jim

Comment

My prediction, is not good. Urban Meyer is going to run up the score worse than last year. He wants to boost their power points as much as possible since OU lost to Midland Luthern, I mean Iowa State. I don't foresee the him benching a single starter until the point difference is 45+, and that still wouldn't happen until the 4th quarter at the earliest.

Huskers: 10 (with 1 pick 6, 3 interceptions, and 4 total turnovers)
            Buckeyes: 56

Comment

• frogmanjim
              frogmanjim commented
              Editing a comment
              As an Iowa State fan, I would be happy to play Nebraska in a Bowl Game, however, the Huskers are not going bowling.

• michael.magorian
              michael.magorian commented
              Editing a comment
              Jim, I can honestly say that as a Nebraska fan, the Huskers would not beat ISU this year, but if you would like to compare bowl appearances between the two teams, I'm all ears. If NE accidentally makes a bowl game this year, it just proves my opinion on the number of bowl games. They have no business playing in a bowl, and the way they play, they deserve to sit back and watch the bowl games in their dorm rooms.

Uglymike easy on Tanner Turnover, there's an old saying in football that everybody knows, "the QB gets too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose". This Husker team has plenty of blame to go around. That being said I JUST CAN'T WAIT to see what kind of cockamamie play calling our OC has in mind this game. Let me guess NU will have several series where they run on 1st down only to gain 1-2 yds, the OC immediately gives up & then calls passes on 2nd & 3rd down, both go incomplete and we punt. Also he'll call several deep passes on first down, just to keep them honest, and oh by the way when they're inc it leaves your struggling offense in 2nd and LONG! If I can see this pattern being Joe Fan don't you think D1 coaches can?
            Hey did anybody see the stats on Rileys record as a 24 pt underdog in '06 when he upset #3 USC at home? Or how about two years later as a huge underdog he upset #1 USC at home again. Remember 2015 when Riley upset #5 Mich St when huge underdog NU was 3-6 and in a seemingly lost season such as the one we're in now.......Ya don't go there the ONLY over/under we should be worried about is if THEE ohio ST will score 50 or 60. Go with the Under!
            Ohio St 49
            Neb 20

Comment

I don't think we can win another game this year, seriously.
              saw a lot of cheap or nearly free tickets for tomorrow's game already. I know there is a chance of rain but in better years this would be a marque game to attend.
              Someone told me the other day that in last twenty games our record in big 10 west is, get this, 10 and 10. How can we compete consistently in the "weaker" side of the conference if that's all the better we can muster?
              oh and want something really depressing, read the article in world herald on this games Vegas point spread. That pretty much sums it up clearly.
              Wow.
              But always end on a positive note, right?
              GBR!
              Each of us should close our posts with GBR!
              Jim

Comment

It's gonna be a good one
                Yall aint from round here is you?

Comment

At least our coach is nice.
                  Don't believe anything you read and only half of what you see.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhunter View Post
                    At least our coach is nice.
                    He'll be lucky to be the coach after Tonite. Throw your headset or something.
                    They have cometh

Comment

Originally posted by Alex T. View Post
                      He'll be lucky to be the coach after Tonite. Throw your headset or something.
                      He would have to take his hands out of his pockets first. Than he might choke on his gum.

Comment

It took so long to score, I'm surprised the balloons still had helium in them. The improving new style of defense did get 1 record tonite, most first downs against them in school history.
                        They have cometh

Comment

Riley couldn't even take his hands out of his pockets long enough to call a time out with fifty seconds left to give his second string qb some experience and maybe some success. What would it have hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishingnerd33 View Post
                            I hope I'm wrong:

Ohio St - 56
                            Nebraska - 14
                            Never been more frustrated to correctly pick a final score of a game. Frustrated with tonight's showing. Our team shows a serious lack of passion for what they do. The Tunnel Walk used to be absolutely electric INSIDE the tunnel. The players carried themselves a certain way down the Tunnel, not just going from point A to point B.

I'm loyal to the coaching staff as much as anyone, but what we are doing isn't working. I don't know that firing Riley is the answer, I doubt Scott Frost is the answer, I have no idea who the AD should be, but we need to right the ship.

Fishing trips aren't measured in pounds and inches; they're measured in smiles, laughter, and memories with friends and family.

Comment

Working...
                            X