Customer service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer service

so every once in awhile you still run into a company that stands behind their reputation. Had a new water heater installed like three years ago. The company that installed it has been out four times cause it kept not working. Today the guy came out to fix it again and said how many times have you had to call us with problems? Told him and he says ok I am going to put in a new one no charge! Renewed my faith a little!
    Keep it safe! JDL

The older I get the more customer service influences my decision. Great to hear you were on the good end of some!

Comment

• JKL
      JKL commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely agree

Yep! Gave the tech $40.00 told him to have a nice lunch on me as a Thanks!
    Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Customer service is probably the #1 influence on where I spend my money. There is a reason scheels gets 90% of my outdoor business. They have replaced a ton of gear for me no questions asked.
      I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. -Sam Redfern

Comment

That's one of the main reasons why I won't shop at Cabela's any more. Customer service went in the toilet.

Comment

Had 1 bank of a two bank on board charger go bad. I took it back to Cabela's, they replaced the charger without any problems.

Comment

I think like most of y’all I am willing to give the benefit of a doubt. Also I think like most of y’all if a defect or breakage is my fault, I accept that is my fault and move on if an item fails in use and I can’t see what I did wrong I will try to get the company to replace it. I think in the days of old companies stood behind their products as a given. I also think that companies started thinking about bottom line profits as opposed to customer loyalty. As for me I don’t/won’t waste money buying food for a dead horse. If I get a brush off from customer service pre or post purchase I am done and not shy about letting folks know about a bad customer service experience. Really like to let folks know about companies that are doing all they can to take care of their clients from pre purchase research to post purchase satisfaction. Sorry for the rant, but this is something I feel strongly about.
            Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

It's not only about returning items. Nine times out of ten when I am looking for something at Cabela's it takes me twenty minutes to find someone who can help, and very rarely do they know what they are talking about. I find the employees at Scheels much more helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. It's not even close.
              I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. -Sam Redfern

Comment

Dang must be on a streak. Sold my big boat and am now I am fixing up my old jon. When I am finished I wanted to put a cover on it to help the longevity of the upgrade. So got the cover today no instructions. Contacted the company with live chat, and 10 minutes later had the information via email. Last few times I have had questions about a potential purchase I have used the company’s live chat, been pleased as opposed to trying to navigate the phone system.
                Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Originally posted by Deadhead Dave View Post
                  It's not only about returning items. Nine times out of ten when I am looking for something at Cabela's it takes me twenty minutes to find someone who can help, and very rarely do they know what they are talking about. I find the employees at Scheels much more helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. It's not even close.
                  Have to agree with you on this one. Scheels depending on traffic is a 30 minute drive. So if I can I go the online route.
                  Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

I fully agree. Customer service will go a long ways. I picked up an allen wrench on the road one day. took my tire off and walked the six blocks to Discount Tire. They were closed but there were two guys there. They opened the door, turned on the equipment and fixed it at no charge. I had never purchased a tire from them before. Needless to say after that experience, all of my tires are purchased at that Discount Tire! 76th and Cass.

Comment

My customer service plug is for Kelty. I bought a tent from them back around '99 or 2000. Once, I left it out in a huge windstorm and the aluminum poles bent. They fixed them no questions asked. A few years later, someone fell on my tent (long story). I told them what happened and they replaced them again.

Last year I finally bent another secion of the poles. I contacted them and told them my tent was almost 20 years old. I wasn't asking them to fix it, just seeing if they had any poles for my tent I could buy since it had been a discontinued model for a while. To my surprise, they said they'd fix it since it has a lifetime warranty!

I didn't want to seem greedy, but they were so nice, so I told them my tent had a lot of seam tape that was coming off. They said that was under warranty too! I mailed the whole thing to them and they got it back to me 2 weeks later all fixed up!

That's the reason I buy nicer tents. Sure they might cost 2-3 times more than a wally world tent, but this one is good as new 20 years later!

Comment

• scotcl
                        scotcl commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Similar experiences with Kelty.

Originally posted by GBR View Post
                      My customer service plug is for Kelty. I bought a tent from them back around '99 or 2000. Once, I left it out in a huge windstorm and the aluminum poles bent. They fixed them no questions asked. A few years later, someone fell on my tent (long story). I told them what happened and they replaced them again.

Last year I finally bent another secion of the poles. I contacted them and told them my tent was almost 20 years old. I wasn't asking them to fix it, just seeing if they had any poles for my tent I could buy since it had been a discontinued model for a while. To my surprise, they said they'd fix it since it has a lifetime warranty!

I didn't want to seem greedy, but they were so nice, so I told them my tent had a lot of seam tape that was coming off. They said that was under warranty too! I mailed the whole thing to them and they got it back to me 2 weeks later all fixed up!

That's the reason I buy nicer tents. Sure they might cost 2-3 times more than a wally world tent, but this one is good as new 20 years later!
                      Never had to deal with kelty CS. Have a back pack and pack tent at least that old still holding up just fine
                      Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Remington sent me a new bolt for my 700 22-250. free. they told me if I ever want another rifle they hoped I would want another Remington.

Comment

Some time back I broke the top section of a Scientific Anglers fly rod that I'd already had for like, 10 years. Completely my fault. I looked on line on their website and the model I had wasn't even listed anymore. I called them up and they were really nice about it and the guy said that they really didn't have that model anymore but he'd look around in the warehouse and if he found something he'd let me know what it would cost, etc. for that new top section.

Fast forward 1 week and a long, tubular package arrives in my mail. Inside was a handwritten note from the guy at Scientific Anglers thanking me for my call. He went on to apologize and say that they just didn't have the model I had at all. He said he hoped what he'd sent would be an OK replacement. In the package was a brand new Scientific Anglers fly rod, one of their current models in the same weight and length as the rod I'd broken.

The thing was, they'd simply changed the model number. The rod they sent was an exact duplicate of the rod I'd broken right down to the color.
                          The top section of the new rod fits perfectly in my old bottom section. Instead of just charging me for a new top section, he just sent me an entire new rod at no charge.

Also, back in the day, I used to wear Rocky hunting boots. They were actually made by the Brooks shoe company which I think was in Ohio maybe, at that time. I did a lot of dog training and a ton of bird hunting in those days and I would completely shred a pair of boots in about year. Their boots were great back then, I just beat the snot out of them. One day I boxed up a pair that had been pretty good boots but were finally shot and sent them back to them with a note, thinking maybe they'd like to do an autopsy on them to see what happens to their boots when someone worked them hard almost daily for a year or more. I had already gone and bought a new pair of their boots to replace them.

Shortly thereafter I got a box back with a nice note in it and a brand-new pair of boots just like what I'd sent them. No charge and 'thank you', they said. I sent them my old boots back every year after that for about 5 years and they always just sent me a new pair. Now, I wasn't completely playing them as I was also buying another pair of their boots about every year. But it was nice because then I could buy heavier boots or taller ones or whatever and have some options throughout the year and wasn't just destroying one pair of boots all the time. Sometime after that they moved their factory off-shore or something and I wasn't impressed with that move and so I quit buying Rocky boots, but they took really good care of me for awhile.

Also, the Redding company in California has been great to me. Some of you know they make nice reloading equipment. I had purchased a new press from them about 5 years ago, set it up and immediately (like the idiot that I am) destroyed one of the primer feeder arms for the press. Just sheared that sucker clean off. (Yes, this is a metal part. Don't ask) I called them and the guy was really cool and he sent me not only the small primer arm that I'd wrecked, but also another large primer arm, "just in case" along with some extra of the small screws and springs to go with it all because he must have realized that I'm the kind of idiot that tends to lose that crap on a regular basis. No charge, he said. I think most of the reloading equipment companies are pretty good about that kind of stuff, as well. But this guy really went the extra mile to be sure I could use their press with no more trouble.
                          Last edited by Catfishsteve; 10-02-2019, 03:15 AM.
                          Become the change in the world that you seek.

Comment

Working...
                          X