Craig’s list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craig’s list

So I know some of y’all post things on Craig’s list. There is that disclaimer about unsolicited offers. So I posted and have received three calls today from some kind of outfits wanting information. Is this normal? Cause I was wanting to list a couple of other items but not interested if this is what is going to happen!
    Keep it safe! JDL

Lots of scammers on Craigslist. I wouldn't post a phone number, just use the craigslist email for people to contact you. You can tell quickly who the scammers are by the questions they ask. Legit people will usually provide a local phone number, and ask reasonable questions.

Comment

First time lister. Wish so many people didn’t suck!
      Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

I always get the "I will send you a check in the mail and will pick it up later" response. One of my favorite things to do is to give them a crazy high price and have them send it to the nearest FBI Building with (General Fraud and Other Criminal Matters as the ATTN to).

I recently sold a mower for around $500 and had them send a $42,500 check to the Omaha FBI building with an ATTN to (General Fraud Investigation). They agreed and said he will send it this week.

Comment

It's definitely what happens, sometimes even if you phoneticize your phone number (i.e. four oh too, tree niner ate,...). I don't know if it's any better or worse on things like Facebook (I only look at FB when I feel like it, which is never), but there may be a chance?

Comment

Working...
          X